Cards Tearing It Up on Final Day

Great finish, great season. So close that it is frustrating. What is more frustrating to me is the team splitting up when they all could come back to finish the job of a NC. Alabama finish 6th, 4 juniors and a sophomore, all returning. The number 1 player Lovemark is returning next year. Lamar has no seniors so why can't they return. We will never win a NC if players continue to leave early. Stanford could not win the NC today with out their 2 seniors.

Guest tigersvoice

Congratulations to the Lamar golf team and Coach White.  Well done this year and to cap it off with a THIRD PLACE finish at Nationals is tremendous.  Some guts coming back from where you put yourselves the first round.  That's why they call it "Golf."

It seems that this was just Stanford's tournament to win.  A twelve stroke win is pretty impressive. Third place is pretty good though, only makes you wish they had played a little better on Thursday and Friday.   

C'mon Dawie - stick around for one more year!

It seems that this was just Stanford's tournament to win.  A twelve stroke win is pretty impressive. Third place is pretty good though, only makes you wish they had played a little better on Thursday and Friday.   

C'mon Dawie - stick around for one more year!

Lets see....stick around in Beaumont, TX or go play golf for money four days a week....tough choice.

03-no.gif    01-wingedeagle.gif

Lets see....stick around in Beaumont, TX or go play golf for money four days a week....tough choice.

03-no.gif    01-wingedeagle.gif

Remember - he has to qualify for the PGA Tour, and you don't make any money if you don't make the cut.  Or he could play golf for free three days a week, eat all his meals on the State of Texas, and have a shot at becoming a hero on the campus and lead his team to the Cardinals first ever D1 National Championship.

But it doesn't matter - he's already said he was turning pro.

Ruck- I was more or less giving you a hard time anyway.  I didn't really think about the whole PGA Qual. School thing.  That may be tougher than I think, and definately a lot of pressure.  If it is certain that he is gone, how many Lamar players have left to turn pro before graduating in the last few years?  Anyone know a number?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124