Liberty Eylau Advances To Austin

I'm sure it will probably be Zack Fowler.  You remember him?  He pitched the game when LE won the State Championship last year.  Sorry, my heads swollen.  I try not to boast tooooooooo much.  Have been known to dine on my share of CROW.

Sorry, I can't give you first hand details because it was in the pre-season and was not able to attend the games.  I asked fellow LE Fans who told me that Middlebrooks did not pitch either game and thought that Fowler only pitched a couple of innings in one game.  The biggest difference is that LE has improved with their bats since playing Carthage.

Guest Bulldog

Middleton pitched a heck of a game in the first game......whos pitching for ya'll in this game???

It's Middlebrooks. Played against him last year. Would love nothing more but to play him again..... ;D

It's Middlebrooks. Played against him last year. Would love nothing more but to play him again..... ;D

You are correct.......Middleton was the pitcher last year that played for Lindale.  I just confused them.

Saw this article on Middlebrooks on a Tyler site.

Will Middlebrooks

Just got the new Baseball America mag and it has Will as the #36 overall prospect for the upcoming draft.

The scouting report is as follows: "Kevin Ahrens isn't the only blue-chip third base recruit Texas A&M could lose to the draft. Where Ahrens gets compared with Chipper Jones, the more athletic Middlebrooks draws Cal Ripken Jr. and Scott Rolen comparisons. Selected to play in a Texas high school football all-star game, Middlebrooks drew college interest as a quarterback and punter. He's also a 6-foot-4, 215 pound righthander with a low-90s fastball and an occasional plus curveball. But his future is at the hot corner. He's not quite as polished a hitter as Ahrens, but he's not far off and his size gives him leverage that will produce power. He's an athletic third baseman with good range and a strong arm, and he runs exceptionally well for his size. Middlebrooks is a consensus supplemental first-rounder, but he could sneak into the first round with the right club."

Saw this article on Middlebrooks on a Tyler site.

Will Middlebrooks

Just got the new Baseball America mag and it has Will as the #36 overall prospect for the upcoming draft.

The scouting report is as follows: "Kevin Ahrens isn't the only blue-chip third base recruit Texas A&M could lose to the draft. Where Ahrens gets compared with Chipper Jones, the more athletic Middlebrooks draws Cal Ripken Jr. and Scott Rolen comparisons. Selected to play in a Texas high school football all-star game, Middlebrooks drew college interest as a quarterback and punter. He's also a 6-foot-4, 215 pound righthander with a low-90s fastball and an occasional plus curveball. But his future is at the hot corner. He's not quite as polished a hitter as Ahrens, but he's not far off and his size gives him leverage that will produce power. He's an athletic third baseman with good range and a strong arm, and he runs exceptionally well for his size. Middlebrooks is a consensus supplemental first-rounder, but he could sneak into the first round with the right club."

Wow he has the whole package..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124