Most Valuable Player: Brandon Hillin, sophomore, Buna

Offensive Player of the Year: Justin Baker, senior, Kountze

Defensive Player of the Year: Pierre Russell, junior, Anahuac

Utility Player of the Year: Josh Clark, freshman, Buna

Pitcher of the Year: Tucker Muckleroy, senior, Buna

Newcomer of the Year: Jared Neely, sophomore, Kountze

Coach of the Year: Coach Terrier, Buna

First Team

Pitchers: Damon Ritter, senior, Anahuac; Justin Devilier, junior, East Chambers; Kelby Clemmens, senior, Hardin; Tanner Lognion, junior, Kountze.

Catcher: Omar Teran, sophomore, Anahuac.

First baseman: Caleb Spinks, senior, Anahuac.

Second baseman: Kyle Clark, junior, Buna.

Third baseman: Drew Flanagan, senior, Buna.

Shortstop: Jordan Nolan, junior, Hardin.

Outfielders: Dale Pitts, junior, Hardin; Blanton Craft, sophomore, Buna; Thomas Wolcott, junior, Kountze; Ethan Brevard, sophomore, East Chambers.

Second Team

Pitchers: Kelby Shandy Kirby, senior, Anahuac; Mathew Manning, junior, Deweyville; Sloan Wilson, freshman, Warren.

Catcher: Emilio Zammirippa, senior, Hardin.

First baseman: Jake Rhodes, junior, Kountze.

Second baseman: Trey Walden, freshman, Kountze.

Third baseman: Jeremy McHenry, senior, Deweyville.

Shortstop: Stephen Gerhart, sophomore, Kountze.

Outfielders: Clay Hanf, senior, Anahuac; Aaron Harrington, freshman, Warren; Justin Carrell, junior, Buna; Josh Rutherford, senior, East Chambers.

what happened with All-District picks for 24-2A? The only people from Warren to make the team were Sloan Wilson and Aaron Harrington? What about Levi West, Brody Parker, Caleb Swinney, Colt Kelley... any of these guys should have at least gotten honorable mention! What Happened? Just wondering... nothing against Sloan or Aaron!

I didn't think Warren would get many picks after going 4-8. I would have thought had they gotten any it would have been there best players however.Must not have had many put up by the coach.No knock on the two that made it but if you take a pitcher and an outfielder off the Warrior club West and Swinney were by far the best 2 at those positions.Warren had some really good position players but you gotta have pitching depth for the team to be successful.Definitely a slap in the face of some pretty good upperclassmen.(West,Swinney,Parker,Babino and Rawls to name a few).Not the first odd thing to happen to the Warrior baseball club this year,just the most recent.

Or mabe the players that did get All-District were just better than the ones you wanted to get it

I didn't care who got it.I just think if you select an all district team it should consist of your best players.I'll say it again ,if the Warren club was going to get an all district pitcher and outfielder it should have been Swinney and West.While the 2 freshmen are gonna be solid players in the future they simply were not as good this year as the upperclassmen that were bypassed.Swinney won 2 of the 4 games Warren won in district play.The first in Hardin and the 2nd a 14-1 win at Kountze.Why he didn't pitch the last game against Kountze no one will ever know.Pitchers are usually selected on W-L,strikeouts and ERA. Theses stats must not have been considered this year in these picks.I guarantee ya if you were gonna play a game for money in Warren that Swinney,West,Parker and Babino would be the first players picked.Wilson and Harrington are gonna be very good players and should be proud of there season.This post is in know way downing them,I just think a few upperclassmen were slighted by an outgoing coach.JMO.Congrats to all the kids who made the team and good luck to the Cougars the rest of the way.

I understand your upset, but it is my understanding that the coach can not vote for his own kids. SO the coach of that team has no control over who gets all-district from his team. The problem is that so few people remember all the kids they faced. Unless they did something to stand out that game then that coach does not vote for him and is basically a lost vote. People can say stats all day but (I THINK) a coach usally tries to remember how a kid did against him and not what his coach says his stats are. JMO. Thanks for the good luck for the cougs and I hope the boys continue to represent the distict like they have so far and show those fellows in the other districts that 24-2A was pretty darn tough.

Obviously there are some serious issues within the Warren program.  The District list is just a symptom.  They will be getting a new coach again next year, thats like four in the last four years. NOT a way to build a program.  Congrads to the freshmen that made the list.  There were some overlooked and the coach has some blame for that.  OH YEA  Keep it going Buna, can't wait to see the Woodville-Buna game.

Warfan is exactly right. it is the coaches job to nominate those players on his team that really stood out. I NEVER said that he was supposed to vote for them or any of that. I dont have anything against Sloan or Aaron. I agree that they will be great ball players when they get a little older with a little more experience. However, i think most will agree that they were not the most important players on the team. This is only my opinion, and i am WELL aware that not everyone will agree with it. All I wanted to know was what happened with the picks. Some of the upperclassmen should be upset because the picks dont accurately reflect the best players on our team.

Congrats to the people that made it, but why is everyone selling those Warren kids that didn't make it? I'm sure some of the people from the other towns are upset that some of their players didn't make it, but at least they are not on here talking about it.

Congrats to the people that made it, but why is everyone selling those Warren kids that didn't make it? I'm sure some of the people from the other towns are upset that some of their players didn't make it, but at least they are not on here talking about it.

I am sure there are folks from most schools that feel some should have made it that didn't.  Maybe, this is the only place some Warren folks can let their frustrations out. The Warren baseball program has been hurting for a number of years.  They have an excellent Little League program that has been quite successful but that seem to be where it stops.  The last year the juniors played Little League they went undefeated in the Woodville league.  Only three of those kids are now playing.  Woodville on the other hand has produced nothing but winners at the high school level.  As I stated previously, the District list (as far as Warren in concerned) is a symptom of a much larger problem.

Guest coachhooker

Obviously there are some serious issues within the Warren program.  The District list is just a symptom.  They will be getting a new coach again next year, thats like four in the last four years. NOT a way to build a program.  Congrads to the freshmen that made the list.  There were some overlooked and the coach has some blame for that.  OH YEA  Keep it going Buna, can't wait to see the Woodville-Buna game.

not the coaches fault his players didnt get all district he can not vote for them

We know that the coach cannot vote for his own players.  He does nominate them and has an opportunity to "sell" them.  Only the coaches there know what happened.  And, I can assure you all of Warren's problems was not coaching.  One year is not enough time for any newly hired coach to prove theirself.           

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont