21 3A next year ..for real

think most will agree..

Silsbee and HJ are the strongest on paper returning.

They both have to replace a couple of KEY players, but have solid kids returning.

Silsbee is going to be good for awhile.  Their 8th grade group was awesome.

HJ's program will keep them competing.

WOS is losing several key players . Thomas, Broussard, Netherly, and Bevil.

It will be a basically rebuilding year for us. 

Jasper will still struggle but will be much improved and positioned to knock out one of the top 3 for a playoff spot. 

Orangefield will get better and better with that freshman group.  Coach Wrinkle has good reason to talk up playoffs with that group, but it will be very difficult. 

If the kids at HF will listen to Richards, they will just get better and better.

Kirbyville should be in the mix of things but probably will not be.

Bridge City..sorry guys...but you are rebuilding after a tough season..probably with a new coach.  Still a few years away from success.  Great competors and never give up.

In summary..we can expect..

An HJ - Silsbee war.

A WOS/Jasper battle

An orangefield push

Comments - on the real..

Guest catfever

I think that it is going to be very competitive next year.  HJ should win district again despite losing Donahoe, but the rest of the playoff spots should be up for grabs between Silsbee, WO-S, Jasper and Orangefield. 

Guest AISD

Game 1- Silsbee @ Hardin Jefferson

Game 2- Hardin Jefferson @ Silsbee

Gamw 3- IF NECESSARY, Silsbee will take care of business the first 2 games

Guest catfever

I understand that you are supporting your team, but Silsbee is going to be down.  They are going to have a lot of guys that have to fill roles from the many seniors that graduated.  Yes, their JV and 9th were good, but they were good against other JV and 9th.  What about all the other varsity kids from other schools who did not graduate.  How will these young kids respond to playing against bigger, stronger, and older kids.  Don't assume they will step right in.

Just a reminder...SIlsbee was supposed to be down last year and they could have been in Austin.   

Silsbee will be tough.  Your facts are straight, but I bet they are tough. 

And just wait for a couple of more years. 

Same with HJ. 

ohhh man.  My stomach hurts already.

I still wake up in the middle of the night hearing..." TAKE HISSSS WHISSSS TLE.

HJ and Silsbee will always be battling out against each other for district champ, WOS has to prove they still got fuel in thier gas tank, Jasper and OF will be fighting and WOS for that #3 spot. So it will be a big battle next year and more years to come

Wos has another BEVIL that will be there with an excellent 3 point shot that's on the money.  Also there's Chase Champine, Jim McDonald, Darius Rubin just to NAME A FEW GOOD RETURNING PLAYERS.  Let us also not forget that some of these were on the varsity putting points on the board while the football players were still on the field!!!  If they were good enough then; they should be even better next year having done that.  Let's just give our guys their time to shine before we judge what they may or may not do!!!  HAVE FAITH AND HEART LIKE THESE YOUN MEN DO!!!

Just a reminder...SIlsbee was supposed to be down last year and they could have been in Austin.   

Silsbee will be tough.  Your facts are straight, but I bet they are tough. 

And just wait for a couple of more years. 

Same with HJ. 

ohhh man.  My stomach hurts already.

I still wake up in the middle of the night hearing..." TAKE HISSSS WHISSSS TLE.

Could of made it to austin.. haha

sorry i had to do it

Guest catfever

All those guys you mentioned from WO-S that were putting points on the board while football was going on, were doing it with Buddy and Richard playing with them.  They weren't putting that many points on the board either.  Richard and Buddy put up 90% of their points at that time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully, Coach Quinn can help make the difference for WO-S. The players are talented and should be able to find their feet on the court without Netherly. If their hearts are in it and they play smart, they'll be as competitive as the rest. It will be fun to see how it plays out. You gotta love 3-A BB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics