Boat Ramps??

I heard from a Game Warden that ALL of the county ramps are closed. He said that people are still using the one in Sabine Pass, but they are about to start issuing citations. Any thoughts on the best place to launch for an offshore run? I sure don't want to use PN Park. man, that would add 2 hrs. to the trip.

The one at the music park is just too steep.

Is the one at Pleasure Island still open?

I would say the best place to launch would be where the old coast gaurd station was in sabine pass. It's on the left on the was to the piolt station. The guy put in a new launch there, its in a protected lagoon. the up side is that you are only 1/4 mile from the jetties and that alone will save you gas.

I heard from a Game Warden that ALL of the county ramps are closed. He said that people are still using the one in Sabine Pass' date=' but they are about to start issuing citations. Any thoughts on the best place to launch for an offshore run? I sure don't want to use PN Park. man, that would add 2 hrs. to the trip.

The one at the music park is just too steep.

Is the one at Pleasure Island still open?[/quote']

Pleasure Island?

• 2 weeks later...

I went today to check out the ramps in Sabine. I went to the old Coast Guard station like Supertilly suggested. That IS a good area. I'm not sure about the depth, so I'm a bit concerned about that. Also, the ramps aren't used too much and they're REALLY slimy and steep and could pose a problem for those with big boats.

I also checked out the County ramp. It actually looks pretty decent, with a "ramp closed" sign however, so I called Pct.3 road and bridge dept. and talked to a man there. He said that on a real low tide, they went down and hauled out all of the concrete and debrise that they could find. Looking at the ramps, he said that the one to the extreme left is silted in pretty bad, the middle is questionable, but the one to the right seems to be good, with no complaints. He said that the ramp "is open", but it's launch at your own risk. The "ramp closed" sign is intended for the left ramp only.

Hope this helps.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83