Brookeland 13 - Chester 4

Guest JCfan

I know from experience that Chester has a hard time recruiting good coaches. It has been that way since the early 90s.

I also know that people are disgruntled with the baseball coach, who is also the football coach.

They do have very good baseball players in this group, but when people there get up in the air, everything goes down hill. Moms and dads start talking in front of their kids and then they get bad attitudes. I have seen it there more than once.

I feel sorry for the kids. Flowers, Johnson boys, Sturrock,and other good players that should be in every game.

I think they are a young team, so maybe next year will be better. 

Why is anyone shocked???  I think Brookeland beat Chester a few weeks ago as well!?!?!?!?    I saw them when they came to play us, they are young and not very deep, but the are well manored and they never give up.  That what high school baseball is all truly about.  I know coaches jobs are to win, and often times the are fired if they don't, but that isn't really the reason they should be out there.  The reason for being out there is to promote sportsmanship in a competitive atmoshpere producing future leaders that can work together as a team for the greater common good.  We don't spend thousands of local tax dollars every year for sports to be a scholraship program, students getting scholarships is purely icing on the cake.  One of the main problems facing high school atheletes are there parents.  It is time for them to cut the cord and let the trained professions try and develop these kids in to useful young men and women.  Stop looking at the wins and losses so much, and look at the product put on the field.  I watch so many games and I can tell you a lot about a program purely by the way the players and coaches act on the field towards each other, their opponents, and the officials.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124