*Kirbyville 3 OF 2 Final/Tuesday*

great game! and the best part about it was the game wasnt won by a line drive hit it was won on a little ground ball thats the best part. awesome pitching job by matthew mcclelland aka. nobby. he pitched the whole game but i dont know how many strikeouts or hits he gave up. lots of defensive plays. good job kville.

wow im kinda surprised K-ville won but congrats to them on the win......

Of course you're surprised to see the "real heart" of the team pull out the victory!  What was MC Hammer's old school song.... uh.... uh... oh yeah... that's right....   2Ligit, 2Ligit2Quit!  Great job 'Cats!  Who was that good luck charm that graced the Wildcats' duggout during the bottom of the seventh???  When he's in, the 'Cats win!

Way to go CATS!  I'm very proud of the players that "stuck it out."  All of us know that was personally directed to our 3 seniors.  I have been a wildcat fan all my life.  I truely am proud of this team.  Hopefully now someone is giving them the confidence that they deserve.  I just hate it came to this.  I personally know all 3 seniors, they love the game.  Their decision to quit was not an easy one.  I appreciate ALL the discipline and the skills that these players have been given. Our team has improved in all areas.  What I can't understand is how the ball can be handed to a pitcher 3 games in 7 days (pitching 16 innings out of 21) to be told "he gave up?"  I too have a problem with quiting on your team but everyone has a breaking point.  These 3 seniors met with their team before quiting to let them know even before telling their parents.  Respect them for the good things the 3 brought to the team.  It seems they made a difference in the remaining teams season.  I believe in WILDCAT PRIDE and I wish this team many more wins.  This win proves that not even 3 seniors make a TEAM.  It takes the entire team to succeed.  I'm so thankful for the wonderful memories that baseball has brought to Beau, Dusty, and Eric's lives.  Wishing the team and the 3 guys nothing but the best.

Quote From JSimmons17:  What I can't understand is how the ball can be handed to a pitcher 3 games in 7 days (pitching 16 innings out of 21) to be told "he gave up?"  I too have a problem with quiting on your team but everyone has a breaking point.

Obviously you've never been around a program where even the best players get their man-hood challenged and tested by their coaches and not coddled and mothered like a new-born infant.   

If I hear "breaking point" about this story again I think I'm going to throw up!  I bet Bear Bryant and Billy Martin are rolling over in their graves about this new modern day so called "breaking point" by the athletes in this story.

Obviously you've never been around a program where even the best players get their man-hood challenged and tested by their coaches and not coddled and mothered like a new-born infant.   

If I hear "breaking point" about this story again I think I'm going to throw up!  I bet Bear Bryant and Billy Martin are rolling over in their graves about this new modern day so called "breaking point" by the athletes in this story.

Wow!  Mick Jagger!  The Stones have spoken!

!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics