Anyone head offshore yet?

I'm still tweaking my rig.  I changed the washdown pump, and need to change the HPU on the trim tabs.  Replace some zippers on the side curtains and clean her up.

This time of year I like to bass fish, but when the wind lays, it sure is hard to stay inshore.

I have never gotten seasick offshore (and been in some fairly large seas) but the older I get, the less I tolerate bouncing around all day.

I can take rough seas just fine, but when anchored, if the current turns the boat so that you get that sideways pitch....MAN.....break out the Ginger Snaps!

I went on one of the cats (I think the Wharf Cat) out of Port Aransas back in the late 70's. It was a night trip of four hours. It was $10 back then. Once we cleared the jetties we got into some moderate seas, maybe 6-8 feet. That big cat was crashing into the waves and sending spray all the way back over the stern.

We went up to the third deck in the wheelhouse and talked to the captain the entire trip out. Once he killed the engines, we went back down to start fishing. When we got to the main deck we found that almost every person (not the crew) was on the rail heaving. Talk about some chum. We made our way to the stern where almost no one was fishing and set up shop. I don't mind the waves but I hate to fish next to a half dozen puking people on both sides of me, shoulder to shoulder.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to have a good time.  However, I've become calloused enough over the years to overlook it and FISH!!!

At least on my boat, there's not usually more than 1 upchucking at a time (I don't do the party boat thing).

It does make for some good chum though!  :o

Kingfish are a menace to me.  They're fun the 1st time or 2 that you catch one, but, since I don't eat them, they're just bait stealers to me.

AMEN !!!!!!  They are the offshore hard head..... ;D  I could go for LING and nothing else....mmmmmmmm good!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83