best returning players in 24-2a

I agree with Thomas. But who is Bray?

Bray... a freshmen this year... started the entire season... is probably around 6'3" - 6'4" and is a very good athlete... will lead the team next year as a sophmore... great player... watch out for him next year...

and also i never saw anyone mention Jamesky from Kountze... from what i saw this year he was pretty good... he was one of the main subs this year... will most likely be starting point guard next year...

Bray didn't start either game against Warren.He is an excellent athelete no doubt.I don't think he has matured enough yet to lead the Lions.I think Jamesky will be there leader next year.Kountze will be a good club next year, but they won't be as dominant as they have been the past few years.Now Tramain is in a leauge of his own,EC will be tough if someone steps into Preston's role.

Guest ECBucFan

.....Now Tramain is in a leauge of his own,EC will be tough if someone steps into Preston's role.

You are correct. I am still surprised folks don't seem to know about Soph Donte Raymond. He is different than Preston for sure, but can really play. Has great athletic gifts, but is still "unpolished" you might say. He will come into his own, soon. Can jump like crazy, run all day, and growing like a weed...  :o

You are correct. I am still surprised folks don't seem to know about Soph Donte Raymond. He is different than Preston for sure, but can really play. Has great athletic gifts, but is still "unpolished" you might say. He will come into his own, soon. Can jump like crazy, run all day, and growing like a weed...  :o

I was a little surprised that Raymond wasn't used a little more this year.I knew after seeing him as a freshman last year he was gonna be a player.I look for EC,Warren and Kountze to have some really good games next year.Donte may start a little slow because I think he will play a big role on the football team next year.

EC and Kountze (especially Kountze) will be losing so much talent.  How Brey and Raymond develop this summer will be a major factor next year.  I have seen Brey 5 times this year and he still has to develope quite a bit to be the player that Kountze will need.  Don't know about Donte.  Seen him a bunch as a freshman but not much this year.  I know he is a great athlete, and as a freshman he had lots of potential.  I do know about Thomas. By far the best player around.  Stop him you win. But that's hard to do.  With just a little talent around him he will find a way to win. EC and Kountze will be the teams to beat.

Everyone seems to be overlooking the Warren boys.  Sims has gotten so much better. Still has his shot but has also developed his inside game.  Andrews will make a real impact next season.  Last year was his first year on varsity (had to sit out a year)  He has matured and is an outstanding shooter.  Nash has continued to improve as PG.  Very, Very fast and strong.  Can score whenever he wants. Swinney just won't stop growing, strong, fast and will hurt you if given the chance, and McBee is fast, strong and smart.  All will be seniors, all with 3 years varsity experience all 6'2" or better (except Nash 5'10"), all are "Hand" trained shooters. It is just plain gonna be hard to beat these guys.

The rest of the 24AA teams each has a player or two that are outstanding. But I just don't see them making the run at EC, Kountze or Warren. It is going to take more than one or two players to compete. Bland, Marsh, Jackson and Ravon are all quality players.

I will agree with Marsh being solid.There best guard graduated ,think his name was Emieillo or something like that,No disrespect to the Hornets but if there depending on there JV players there in trouble.Several teams in this district will be improved but I'm not sure Hardin will be one of them.

You will be suprised. These kids have played together their whole lives and was split up going into high school. Its amazing how different they play when they are together again. All I'm saying is don't count Hardin out right now!

I'm not downing Marsh,just didn't see much on Hardins JV that could help.Warrens JV was up 30-2 before the coach called of the dogs and most of Warrens better sophs were on the varsity.I'm definitely not counting anyone out,the district will be extremely tough and well balanced next year.

I think Warren,Kountze and EC are gonna be a lot closer than most people think.Warren is a little deeper with returning players but Thomas will make EC the pre season favorite.While Kountze will be strong they are basically starting over.I think Deweyville will be a little ahead of Hardin simply because Hardin graduated heavy and Deweyville has Bland and Jackson to build around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn