Memorial's Dominique Keller Signing!

Blue Zertuche

TexasHoops.com Recruiting Analyst

This past Saturday 6'7" Port Arthur Memorial senior, Dominique Keller took a visit to a junior college just an hour down the road from home and came back with a decision. After averaging a double-double this past year, Keller was contacted daily by Texas JUCO's, but it took just one visit to find the right fit.

"I will be signning with Lee College on Tuesday," said Keller. "There was two reasons. One is because they are going to sign my point guard and power foward from my high school team." Keller spoke of inside player Jack Thomas and point guard Todderick Thomas, no relation. "And the other is because it is close to home."

Over the years so many of Keller's family have been involved in his life and have taken the time out of their schedules to see him play basketball. "It was important for me to stay close to home so my family would be in driving distance to watch me play in college."

Keller will take the opportunity that he has been given and make the most out of junior collge. "My goal is to play division I basketball," said Keller. "I have the tools, size and skills to play at that level."

A few things caught Keller's attention once he was on campus. "I like the school and the gym. The gym is better than some D-I's. Just being on campus gave me a nice vibe about the school and people. I also like the class options. I will graduate with an associate's degree. I want to study business."

The coaching staff at Lee need a player like Keller, with the departure of sophomore Mike White (he will be visiting Indiana this weekend). "Coach Champagne (head coach) said that Mike White will be graduating and that they need someone to take his spot. They need someone to run the show."

Keller was being heavily recruited by most Eastern Confernce junior colleges.

Texas Hoops Analysis: Domninique is a gong athlete, has solid post moves, and knows how to score on the low block. He works hard for the ball, has long arms, and can rebound and block shots. He runs the floor well, and needs to add weight and strength.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476