The Ball Is Rolling Toward LU Bringing Back Football

www.panews.com

The ball is definitely rolling toward Lamar University bringing back football. In its meetings last week, the Texas State University System approved expenditures for 2009 of $6.5 million for Cardinal Stadium renovation and $3.6 million for the renovation of the J.B. Higgins Fieldhouse. LU president Jimmy Simmons said restarting football is still contingent on the university raising enough in donations and pledges to cover additional costs that could be in the $10 million range. The TSUS funds can be used only in conjunction with Lamar playing football . .

The team won't be very good at first, that's obvious.  But if they can start competing against the rest of the Southland in three or four years, the initial excitement can keep the program running until that time.

I'm excited, and I want my season tickets too!

www.panews.com

The ball is definitely rolling toward Lamar University bringing back football. In its meetings last week, the Texas State University System approved expenditures for 2009 of $6.5 million for Cardinal Stadium renovation and $3.6 million for the renovation of the J.B. Higgins Fieldhouse. LU president Jimmy Simmons said restarting football is still contingent on the university raising enough in donations and pledges to cover additional costs that could be in the $10 million range. The TSUS funds can be used only in conjunction with Lamar playing football . .

I'm all for LU Football, but why spend money on renovations of a stadium and fieldhouse, before you get the sports that you MUST have for football to even be possible........that way the SB team can being playing while these upgrades are made......LU another A$$ backwards way of thinking!

They are also getting money for the softball fields and they are scheduled to be completed at the same time.  That way, the softball team is in place and ready to go so there are no problems with Title IX.  THey are not doing anything backwards.  There are some pretty intelligent people over there that aare doing this thing the best way they can.  Let's all get behind them and get college football back in this area.

I'll be buying season tickets and coming over from Houston for games on Saturdays.  I can watch my Red Raiders on tv, I'd rather see Lamar in a revamped CArdinal Stadium!

They are also getting money for the softball fields and they are scheduled to be completed at the same time.  That way, the softball team is in place and ready to go so there are no problems with Title IX.  THey are not doing anything backwards.  There are some pretty intelligent people over there that aare doing this thing the best way they can.  Let's all get behind them and get college football back in this area.

I'll be buying season tickets and coming over from Houston for games on Saturdays.  I can watch my Red Raiders on tv, I'd rather see Lamar in a revamped CArdinal Stadium!

Then I appologize......good for Lamar! I also plan on watching some football games, and ALOT of Softball games!

Guest WBFan09

People like you are the ones that ran LU football off the 1st team......too much negativity towards LU Football!!!!

i didnt mean that...calm down Lazeek...i meant will they be worth more to cover the expenses of the renovations or about the same as other colleges

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed