***Callie Orebo Steps Down As WOS Girls BB Coach***

Guest tigersvoice

Coop ??  Had you any indication before the announcement?  A local BB Official friend of mine says that he had heard a rumor to this effect.  Now, the rest of the story . . . .

Guest bleed orange

She knew what she was doing. She left at the perfect time, "on top". She knew the talent pool was drying up. I don't understand why the other lady did. But after watching their subvarsitys maybe I can see why. I am not trying to be mean. That is just reality. Like I said before talent comes in cycles. Their cycle ran out.

How can a coach repeatedly attempt to embarrass other programs by running the score up mercilessly, and then QUIT on her program in order to aviod a similar fate.  ???  Invertibrate!  >:(  It would be different had she stepped down to coach another program or for personal/health reasons (And if this is the case I will sincerely apologize), but to QUIT out of fear of failure is unacctable for a coach and sets an absolutely poor example.

:(

She was a great coach and all, i hate 2 see her step down as a Basketball Coach

Are you kidding?  With the talent they had the last few years they should have at least played for a State Championship!  Talent and talent alone got them as far as they did.  In my opinion, they would have won a State Championship with a coach like Ancelot. 

:o

Okay, maybe shes not a good coach, Cause last year Brittnany Scott and the other girl ( I forgot her name) was great athletes on the court i thought that they would have been the state champions that year

If she was a good or great coach she would have won at least 2 State titles.  ::)

They should have been in Austin with talent like Brittany James, Brittany Scott and the tall post players they had.  Just my opinion that with a good coach they would have been there.  You have yours and I have mine!

Guest tigersvoice

:(

She was a great coach and all, i hate 2 see her step down as a Basketball Coach

The problem is that we all use "Great" too much to describe people/things/events is our lives.  I thought she was a good coach; but great?  I further think Coach

Ancelot is an excellent coach; but great?  I believe that a Coach has to put in more time on the job and get more

results over the long-haul before they are even considered to be GREAT.

Guest bleed orange

Seven or maybe six years ago WOS was playing in the championship game of the Orangefield tournament. WOS was up by 30 going into the fourth quater. Coach Orebo never pulled her press off until the buzzer sounded. I lost alot of respect for her that day. That never changed. Nor will it ever.

the year that she had  B. James, B. Scott, D.Riggs, J. henderson, and Elissa( i dont think is the right speeling) they should have had gone alot further for sure. In my opinion like some others they had state championship athletes at all positions. But i am not a coach, but just my opinion

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont