Barnes Not Interested

Barnes Not Interested

Monday, March 19, 2007

SPOKANE, Wash. — Forget any of those rumors that Texas Coach Rick Barnes may be headed to Kentucky if the Wildcats fire Tubby Smith.

"I don't want any other college job," Barnes said after his fourth-seeded Longhorn team was ousted from the NCAA tournament in the second round, thrashed by fifth-seeded Southern California 87-68.

Smith's Cats fell to Big 12 champion Kansas 88-76 in a second-round game Sunday in Chicago, and many wonder if athletic director Mitch Barnhart might make a change after a couple of statements of questionable support the last two weeks.

If Smith were dismissed after 10 years that included a national championship in 1998 but no Final Four appearances since, he could be approached by Michigan. His contract calls for a large buyout that one source estimated at $5 million.

"We love our jobs here," Barnes said. "I'm not thinking about going anywhere."

Barnes Not Interested

Monday, March 19, 2007

SPOKANE, Wash. — Forget any of those rumors that Texas Coach Rick Barnes may be headed to Kentucky if the Wildcats fire Tubby Smith.

"I don't want any other college job," Barnes said after his fourth-seeded Longhorn team was ousted from the NCAA tournament in the second round, thrashed by fifth-seeded Southern California 87-68.

Smith's Cats fell to Big 12 champion Kansas 88-76 in a second-round game Sunday in Chicago, and many wonder if athletic director Mitch Barnhart might make a change after a couple of statements of questionable support the last two weeks.

If Smith were dismissed after 10 years that included a national championship in 1998 but no Final Four appearances since, he could be approached by Michigan. His contract calls for a large buyout that one source estimated at $5 million.

"We love our jobs here," Barnes said. "I'm not thinking about going anywhere."

theres a lot of rumors about them nabbing gillespie from TAMU. Don't believe them though, because he just bought a bung of land right outside of College Station to build on, AND recruited a heck of a class for a coach who is leaving...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder