243A race clearing up

BC 4-0 (Anahuac Monday a no doubter)

HF 3-1

WO-S 3-1

HJ 2-2

OF 0-4

Anahuac 0-4

The Mustangs and Hawks have tall tasks Tuesday with BC and HF respectively.

Looks like their could be a big showdown next Friday at WO-S between the Mustangs and Hawks to take sole possession of 3rd place.

Remember it was a good 2-1 ballgame last time at HJ!!

Don't worry about a race for third. H-J will slip out of the race after a 1st round of district loss to H-F. After a terrible 9 inning battle with a always weak Anuahac team, the Hawks have seemed to be fine with sloppy play and lack of team leadership. What a shame to see such a great team and such a great group of ballplayers go out like this. High expectations were set for this team, and they have thrown it all away. To me, time is running out for Hardin-Jefferson. Either get back to the basics of baseball, you know, fielding the ball, throwing the ball, and oh ya, catching the ball, or go home. If the Hawks can find some leadership and maybe, just maybe, a little heart with it, this team could do great things. But untill then, don't count on seeing the Hawks in the playoffs this year!!

TheTruth101

You are calling out a portion of the HJ team and pointing out their faults in many areas.

I am calling you out. I really don't think a Professional Scout from the East Texas Region makes four posts on this board calling out the under achievement of a portion of one local high school team.

You need to change your name to, TheTruth(but it's not really the truth because I am a disgruntled player or parent and not a scout)101

I'm not sure what expectation 'The Truth' is talking about....HJ, at best, was marked as having a shot at the 3rd spot in this district. They have met that expectation in terms of being 'in the hunt' for that spot.

The team that has upset the apple cart, so to speak, is HF. I know they took it on the chin last night to BC but they are still a very good team who had a very bad night.

The truth? HJ is (and was) either the 3rd or 4th best in this district.

I have seen H-J three times this year. I am not sure which players "The Truth" is talking about, but they must have missed those games. I do agree that H-J is playing below their potential but given some of the disruptions in the program it can be expected. Also, true scouts don't use phrases like, "typical high school coaches" when criticizing. True scouts don't rely on high school coaches to do their job! No doubt "The Truth" is a "typical disgruntled parent"! :roll:

Look, I apoligize if I affended anyone. But, maybe im trying to put a little spark and sense into a team who is lacking there potential. They are a team in need of some leadership. I thought at the beginning of the season, H-J was for sure a two Seed in this district. If they want it bad enough, and their key players step up, they still have a chance. Their upcoming game against H-F will say alot. If they can pull out with a win, they can still make it at number 2. If not, they are setting themselves up for a hard road. Then they need to beat WO-S. So again, i apoligize for affending you but maybe you should read the message and learn from it. H-J can perform much better and will a little heart, they will.

Guest BobcatBeliever

I really don't think a legitimate Scout would be posting things on a local message board that primarily consists of parents and players to begin with....And if they did, what lack of professionalism on the criticism of HJ's team....We all seem to forget they are still kids and this group of kids still have a great shot at a playoff spot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder