Mariner Motors?

Mariner is nothing more than a Mercury motor.  For some reason unknown to most people, Mercury (Brunswick) introduced the Mariner a while back.  I guess they felt like it was working for OMC (Evinrude & Johnson) so they'd throw another motor in the mix.  Mariner didn't stay around but 6-10 yrs. though.

This must be a motor with quite a few yrs on it, since Mariner hasn't been produced for some time.  Be sure the compression checks out o.k.  Everything else can be worked around, as long as you can get it at a decent price.

Looking to buy a used boat, and might have found one. Anyone have any idea how good or bad these motors are??? It is a 1998 motor with about 50 hours on it. Any help would be appreciated.

I had a 1992 - 200 Mariner that had been bored to a 235.  It was the best boat motor I have ever owned.  I have had Mercury, Yamaha, Johnson, and Evenrude.  The new Yamaha motors suck!  I know 5 different people who have new Yamaha motors and all of them have had the motor rebuilt or had major work done. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder