*Player of the Week for March 20-25* ---KEVIN ANGELLE---

Got some stats from last week from BC:

Casey Jackson 3-3 (1.000) 1 2B, 2 HR, 8 RBI (2 runners caught stealling)

Kevin Angelle 5-6 (.833) 1 2B, 6 RBI (5 IP, 1 H, 11 K)

Johnny Dishon 4-5 (.800) 2 2B, 1 HR, 6 RBI

Derrick Coleman 3-4 (.750) 1 2B, 2 BB, 1 RBI

Sparks got ripped on this one. How many people struck out 17 last week and hit .800. Angelle's stats were comparable but a Mustang will have to win by a landside because a lot of people just don't like WO-S. Congrats on a great week Sparks.

I feel confident that they let HJ bat in the top of the 5th so he had 11 k's in 5 innings. That means he would have to strike out 6 of 6 in the final 2 frames. I'm not too confident about that. The fact is that Angelle had 11 k's and Sparks had 17. Sparks is more of an MVP for the week because would BC have won with someone else on the hill, yes. Would WO-S have won with someone else on the hill facing Roebuck?, probably not. I guess Sparks did not deserve it when he not only struck out 12 to defeat #3 BH but also hit the 3 run homer to win 3-2. ?? pattern here?? How about some polls on here so it is not 1 persons opinion who the player of the week is??

Its not one person's opinion...and its not an MVP award...if that was the case, Sparks would win it every week...You can easily make the same case about Angelle that he should have won it sooner....

We are unable to open up the voting to the members because it would turn it into a popularity contest, and thats not what its about....

and please dont turn this into a "everyone hates wo-s thread"...because we have no bias to anyone....we have not one, but two members of the staff that represent wo-s...yes wo-s posters are mistreated in some instances on other boards (3adownlow), but they never have here and never will be...

Actually you wrote the words I was looking for. I think Angelle and several others are probably more popular than Sparks and would not want that to hurt him. With the performances the 2 had they might could have been co players of the week. The week these 2 had don't happen very often, it is just a shame they decided to do it the same week. And no, I am not trying to say that all people are against WO-S and start all that downlow crap. Every school has people that dislike them!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124