Ozen 7 West Brook 3 Final/Monday

KFDM COOP

First, congrats to Ozen on their win.  They played really well and  both Lott (3 IP, 5 Ks) and Gardiner (4 IP) threw well for them. 

Second,  Lott had 3 hits including 2 doubles.  All in all, Ozen swung the bat well.  Defensively, Ozen played pretty well with no major miscues.  WB scored their runs on (a) a 2-out 1st and 3rd run down, (B) an error and © a wild pitch.  Ozen had 12 hits to WB's 4 and WB had 4 errors of their own (including 3 missed pop-ups in 1st inning alone) alone with a passed ball and wild pitch (both which led to runs).

For WB, Ferguson had a single and double and Murphy had 2 singles.  Partain and Armstrong had WB's only other hits.  Tubbs, Bender and Soper pitched for the Bruins.

Tough loss for the Bruins but a great win for the Panthers and their program.  I just can't say enough good things about them.

OZEN 7  WEST BROOK 3

Ozen                1 0 1 1 1 3 0 = 7 12 3

West Brook        0 1 0 1 1 0 0 = 3  6 4

WP - Gardiner

LP  - Bender

E - (Ozen): Ball, Taylor, White (West Brook): Partain 2, Lycan, Tubbs, Matt Serna

PB - Wallace (WB) 2B - (Ozen): Lott 2, Taylor (West Brook): Ferguson 3B - None HR - None

OZEN:

Raggett cf 2-3, 1 R, 1 RE, 1 HBP

Gardiner ss/p 0-3, 2 R, 1 RE, 1 SAC

Lott p/1b 3-4, 2 2B, 1 R, 1 RBI

James 3b/ss 2-4, 1 R, 2 RBI

Ball 2b 2-4, 1 R, 1 RBI

Taylor 1b/3b 1-3, 1 2B, 1 R, 1 BB

Fowler c 1-3, 1 HBP, 1 RBI

White lf 1-4

Darkins rf 0-4, 1 RE

Lott 3 IP, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 H, 5 K, 1 BB (44 pitches)

Gardiner 4 IP, 2 R, 0 ER, 3 H, 3 K, 3 BB (65 pitches)

WEST BROOK:

Lycan 2b 0-1, 1 R, 3 BB

Ferguson ss 2-4, 1 2B

Murphy 3b 2-4

Mark Serna dh 0-3

Bobby Armstrong cf 1-3, 1 R

Josh Fisher lf 0-2, 1 SAC

Wallace c 0-2, 1 SAC

Partain 1b 1-3, 1 R

Matt Serna rf 0-2, 1 RE

Falgout rf 0-2

Tubbs 4 IP, 3 R, 2 ER, 8 H, 3 K, 1 BB, 1 HBP (79 pitches)

Bender 2 IP, 4 R, 3 ER, 4 H, 2 K, 0 BB, 1 HBP (26 pitches)

Soper 1 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 H, 2 K, 0 BB (11 pitches)

Guest WeedBegone

Saw the game---i am a WB fan all the way.

WB players seemed a little cocky---lots of unnecessary talk from the dug out.  i thought the umpire was taking too much lip.

Ozen took care of business in all areas.  Great pitching and pitch selections by Ozen to cap good batters off balance.

The pop flies were all mis-judged and should be caught at that level.  I was impressed with the run-down that WB got in.  It appears to have been an executed play for a sacrifice out to save the top of the order for the next inning.

WB problems are fixable---but they need to work on their mental focus and play ball and let that other stuff go.  They have an openings for player leadership.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami