*WO-S 68 West Hardin 51 Final/Warm Up Game*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectable.....Hey, it's 3A versus 1A.  WH should still be fine in the playoffs--they are a solid Class A team.  WH has a good team and the timing is right for a run.  If they were still in Class AA, they might have made the playoffs behind EC and Kountze, and probably go out in the first round--who knows.  They have a chance to roll in Class A Ball---good luck Oilers!!!  Take advantage of this opportunity...... ;)

C'mon Oilers. You're better than that... The game was very sloppy on both sides of the ball. I wish someone would get me the shooting percentage from West Hardin, it couldn't have been better than 20%. From the floor or from the line. Yuck. Hard to watch. You're gonna have to be able to make them open shots and free throws in the playoffs, or you won't last. Going into this game, I thought, okay, keep it respectable and you will be able to hold your head up. After watching it, I wish these two teams would have played a series. One game at West Hardin, one at WO-S. It wasn't that big of a mismatch, just poor shooting and very sloppy play. WO-S was very physical and athletic, but the game should have been closer. Anyone who saw it, would have to agree a little at least. I would like to see them play again, but it doesn't matter now. Hope the bugs get worked out, and ya'll can play with anyone. If not, well, it'll be baseball time next week.  Good luck guys. Still luv ya blue!!

P.S. Once again, don't mean to be harsh. I just know what ya'll are capable of.

Guest orangeman

West Hardin (27-2) dropped their playoff warm-up game to WO-S tonight in the 2nd game of the Hoopinsider Playoff Preview. West Hardin trailed by 6 at the half and kept it close through three quarters. WO-S depth took over in the 4th as they wore down the Oilers on their way to a 17 point victory. The Oilers were led by Brandon Letsinger's 13 points & 12 rebounds. Jared Tomlinson added 12 points and 15 rebounds. Zach Simmons scored 12 and Tyler Copeland pitched in 10. The Mustangs were led by Richard Netherly's 19 points.

My thanks to Coach McCarter for giving us the opportunity to play a tough, athletic 3A team. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs. Also a big thank you to the Hoopinsider Crew, as well as, the folks at the Montagne Center for allowing West Hardin to be showcased on a stage such as this.

Guest ECBucFan

Respectable.....Hey, it's 3A versus 1A.  WH should still be fine in the playoffs--they are a solid Class A team.  WH has a good team and the timing is right for a run.  If they were still in Class AA, they might have made the playoffs behind EC and Kountze, and probably go out in the first round--who knows.  They have a chance to roll in Class A Ball---good luck Oilers!!!  Take advantage of this opportunity...... ;)

Perfectly said!

It was good for the Oilers to get a game in where you play on an open court like in the Montagne.  If i'm not mistaken this is their first game ever in such a setting.  Having all the space around you and no wall behind the goal will play tricks on your eyes when you shoot.  I remember playing in the Montagne when I was in high school at the YMBL and it takes some getting used to.  You will benefit from this experience down the road.  WOS is a good team who on any given night will take out anybody in the 3A bracket.  Good luck to WH and WOS both.  Now its time to focus ahead to next weeks games.

First I would like to thank hoopinsider for the invite to the warm games, and the hospitality shown by the University. Hats off to all the schools and thier fans that were involved tonight, all 6 schools showed alot of class. Good luck to all as we move into the playoffs. For the OILERS, keep your heads up, you played a great team in WOS, I wish things could have been a little different, but its O.K., now lets get focused on next week ,1 game at a time, a new season is here, and lets take it to another level.

Good Luck to all on the road to Austin..............

WO-S is a a very potent team and has some good players in all areas. They seemed to have the edge on West Hardin in a few areas, but I think in a two or three game series in their usual setting, West Hardin might be able to eek one out or make a nail biter out of it. Am I the only one at the game tonight who saw that?? I know the Oilers couldn't have shot better than 20% including open shots and free throws.

Aside from that, good game to both. Very classy match up. Very sloppy, but still, very classy. Wish I could see that stats on this game. Any body got any close tally's. I'm just a little curious.

this was the perfect match-up....the oilers played well in the first half and beat themselves in the second....you guys have nothing to be ashamed of...hold your heads high....first day of basketball season is tomorrow....prepare yourselves and be ready to play 4 quarters of basketball in every game----i would never criticize these guys but it was just an unfamiliar air about them tonight....pick your heads up and lets get ready for the big show!!!!best of luck!!!!! you guys are the best..

:)

i have a lot of respect for west hardin.  they played a tough game and really showed up to play.  wos had trouble making free throws in the first half, i think they only made one.  they made more in the second half but still missed quite a few.  hopefully they will work on that before next week.  it was a great night of basketball, but my only disappointment was when wos took the court at the beginning of the game they were booed by some fans.  i cant say where it was coming from since there were fans from 5 other schools there. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83