22-3A Tuesday 2/13/07

Coldspring (8-1) at Splendora (7-2) -- District title's on the line in this one.  If Coldspring wins, they sew up the first-round bye.  If Splendora wins, these two will play again later in the week to break the tie.

Tarkington (5-4) at Cleveland (6-3) -- This one might as well be called a playoff game, since there's no tomorrow for the loser.  If the Horns beat the Indians again (beat 'em by 14 a couple weeks back), then they will qualify as the league's third playoff representative.  If Cleveland wins, then they will be third, unless Coldpsring beats Splendora.  In that scenario, Cleveland and Splendora would have a playoff to decide who's the runner-up and who's third-place in the district.

Shepherd (0-9) at Liberty (1-8) -- Liberty's one district win came in Shepherd.  Can the Pirates return the favor?  Either way, both these teams' seasons come to a merciful end Tuesday night.

I know I said I was retiring from the basketball forum, but I need to throw my 2 cents in.......I predict Splendora wins, they are 9-1 at home this season, and play well in the Jason Vela Coliseum......I think for Tarkington to win, Brewer and Havard need to shoot lights out, and Evans needs to dominate in the paint. Good luck to the cats and horns

Prediction:

Coldspring by 10 – Splendora is more disciplined by don’t have the athletes that Coldspring has.  Only chance Splendora is to get hot from the 3-point line – which they can.

Cleveland by 15 – Identical as above just change the teams.

Liberty and Shepherd – your call.  Liberty has lost its motivation to play and was never very disciplined anyway.  Just a shame that the 2 seniors – Connevey and Edwards -deserved a better season than this as they can play for anybody they just don’t have any supporting cast.  Might be the night for Shepherd to get its first district win. :'( :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami