*Player of the Week March 5- 11*

Please nominate player(s) of the week here...

we need as much info on the player and what they did this week as you can give...

Player will be featured on KOLE AM 1340, 1380 during Sports Talk Southeast Texas with Joe Casas Wednesday's at 5:30 and will be noted under the player of the week section of the website located here- www.setxsports.com/Playeroftheweek.html

WEST BROOK NOMINEES (alpha order):

Tim Ferguson: 6/12 .500 5 R, 3 RBI (2B)

David Murphy 8/16 .500 4 R, 6 RBI (2 x 2B, HR [GS])

(and complete game win vs. Vic Memorial -- 1 R, 5 H, 8 K, 0 BB)

Mark Serna 7/17 .412 1 R, 2 RBI (3 x 2B)

(and win in game 1 vs. Laredo LBJ -- 3 IP, 1 R, 4 K)

Josiah Svoboda -- CG shutout in championship game (0 R, 4 H, 5 K, 0 BB)

Again, some deserving candidates from the Bruins.

I will be getting some stats for Clayton Ehlert so everyone can see what a amazing streak he is on. No disrespect for any player but this will be a easy selection.

He is something like 13-17 at the plate with 2 HR's one a GS and about 4 or 5 doubles and a triple.

I will get more accurate stats and post asap.

Westbrook has really been hammering the ball, those are some gaudy stats.

From the reports from the Jasper tourney, Elhert is on fire. It helps with the other guys are stepping up around him. Are the opposing teams watching the same games during these tournaments? Do we not once in awhile maybe pitch around a hot player?

BC really hit this weekend, actually going long ball quite a few times. Hope we can get a report from them.

Hamshire-Fannett spread the hitting out this week, the pitching staff gave up 2 runs in 4 games. One stat I thought was intersting was HF gave up their 1st extra base hit besides the longball in their 10 games.

The only problem with pitching around Ehlert or any one in the Bear lineup is the next one can kill you.

This Lineup is swing a hot bat at the right time, they started slow but within the last week the Bears have 5HR, 2-3B's, at least 12 DB's all in 5 games.

LCM is literally on fire right now and no one is hotter than Ehlert. I personally think (unless others submit someone else) that Clayton is the 'Player of the Week'. Of course, I also hold the personal opinion that he is he best overall player in the area so that just makes sense to me.

WB, both individually and as a team, have been smoking the ball all season ... except for the last 3 games in Victoria. They actually scored their runs with 'inventive' base running and, quite frankly, a lot of errors by their opponents. Hopefully, that ends on Tuesday when district starts.

As far as BC, they have scored a bunch of runs ... but they haven't exactly played a very rough schedule. Maybe we'll see some top line pitching (on both sides) this Friday when Jasper and BC hook up.

Of course, and back to the nominations, you also should consider Kevin Angelle. Another high strikeout performance this weekend and hit a HR. He is worthy of consideration.

Still, its awful hard to beat Ehlert with last week's winner (Murphy) a worthy second.

Hamshire-Fannett's Matt Sanches faced the minimum in a no hitter against East Chambers.

HF's Eric Neal (11-16 .687; 8R, 4 SB, 3 2B, 1 3B)

(9.1 IP, 5H, 0 R, 0 ER, 15 K, 3BB)

HF's Spencer Cuniff (8-15 .533; 7R, 2 2B, 7 RBI)

(9 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 8 K, 1BB

opponents- Liberty, Dayton, Baytown Christian, East Chambers

Bridge City's Kevin Angelle had 2 HR's, 6 rbi's and faced 18 batters which 15 of them K'd in the game he pitched.

opponents-Kelly, Kirybville, Ozen, Central

LCM's Clayton Ehlert 13-17 at plate with a Grandslam

opponents- OF, WOS, Silsbee, Jasper, Livingston

WB's -David Murphy 8/16 .500 4 R, 6 RBI (2 x 2B, HR [GS])

opponents-Laredo LBJ ,Victoria St. Joesph ,Victoria Memorial ,Edinburg

Jasper's Will Alvis- high average, a homerun, and struck out 15 against WO-S last night going 7 innings and allowing 1

opponents-OF, WOS, Silsbee, LCM, Livingston

Here are the promised numbers for Ehlert:

From Tuesday thru the tourney:

15-20 .750 batting average

2 DB, 1-3B, 2 HR with one being a GS.

LCM as a Team hit .450 for the week scoring 55 runs and only allowing 12.

6 hrs, 2 3B's and numerous DB's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa