22-4a rankings after ned showcase

I would like to start by saying this is my first time to submit any comments to this forum. 

I have a 12th grade son that plays for PNG.  I enjoy soccer, and couldn't wait for this season to start.

I attended most of the games this weekend at the Nederland showcase tournament.  The local teams (22-4A) of Vidor, LCM, Lumberton, PNG, and Nederland were not too far apart with the exception of 1 or 2 games.  The scores and there play were all close in comparison.  Sometimes they would be up, and sometimes down.  In my opinion, it will take 4 or 5 more games for each team to settle in. 

Nederland-As young as a team that Nederland is putting on the field, watch out for them in the next 2 or 3 years.  The only thing the other teams have on Nederland is size and speed, and both can be a major factor when you compare a senior to a freshman.  Nederland has good skills and played smarter than most of the other teams.

PNG-At times they looked good, and other times you wonder.  They have a good attack.  Multiple scorers (Matt Parks, Evan Johnson, Bryce Tallant, Nathan Romero. and so on.  On defense, they just need a little more time in the saddle.  Need more passing in the game.  A couple of players tend to hold on to the ball too long, they need to realize they have 10 other teammates on the team.  They’ll work it out. 

Vidor, Lumberton, and LCM:  All so close.

Vidor played PNG and LCM.  Both game scores were won or lost by 1 goal.

Lumberton played Ned, PNG, and West Brook.  Besides the Nederland game, a 1 goal decided the games.

The other teams in the tournament were on the top and the bottom of the win column.  Hardin Jefferson played only on Thursday, and they didn't far too well in either game.  West Brook has some great players, just didn't seem like they play well as a team.  Nederland played West Brook a great game after having played Lumberton earlier in the day.  It's tough on the kids to play 2 full games in the same day.  I think some of these coaches do not emphasis enough on conditioning during practices.  Regardless, I think Nederland plays using there heads and they have huge hearts.  Kelly is a whole other story.  They have some unbelievable talent on that team, and most are not seniors.  They have also been playing for some time now.  Kelly's season starts earlier than the public schools.

If I have the numbers right from the tournament:

Nederland 0-4

PNG 1-1-2

Lumberton 2-1

Vidor 2-1-1

LCM 1-3

Kelly 2-0

West Brook 3-1

Montgomery 2-0-1

Hardin Jefferson 0-2

I think anytime Vidor, Lumberton, PNG, Nederland, or LCM plays each other this year, it will be a battle.  All of these teams know that anyone of them have a chance to win district or make the play-offs.  It should be a very interesting and exciting season.

Closing:

I know at the present that this site does not have a huge fan base yet.  But if anyone reading this can pass this on to all, please do.  All of these athletes play for there school, club organization, for themselves, or whomever.  All players keep in mind that you have the rest of your lives to live and enjoy.  Have fun, play clean, play hard, and enjoy.  Almost all of you high school players will not have this chance again: to be part of a team and compete.  The best way to enjoy your playing years is to just have fun.  All parents and friends keep this in mind, likewise.

Hope I didn't bore everyone.  God Bless

1. PNG

2. Vidor

3. Lumberton

4. LCM

5. Central

6. Nederland

7. Silsbee

8. Hardin Jefferson

9. Ozen

WOS

• Member Statistics