Teams That Will Make Noise This Year??

Kountze will be loaded and will be the favorite,E/C has Tramain and Preston so they have a good nucleus.Dont know who else will step for them,they were not real deep on the varsity level but had a good looking player on the freshman team, if he develops he will fill 1 spot. Hardin was pretty solid this year and will compete for a playoff spot.The dark horse will be Warren,they have everyone back.They will be led by Sims and Granger.Deweyville will be pretty solid if the Jacksons stay,if not they are in big trouble.If its not to late the AD ought to apologize and keep Coach Jackson-if he goes so do their chances.JMO

In girls basketball, I think you will have the same teams as this past year.

Lumberton has their two best players back and I think they can repeat as 4A Region III Champs.

The new 3A district is where it gets interesting. You will have 3 teams in that district that were ranked in the top ten most of the year. Here is what I know about each team, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Orangefield has four starters coming back and lost to the state champ by one point.

West Orange Stark loses the best player in the area in James, but has Scott and Henderson back who will take them far again this year.

Silsbee has alot of girls back too. I think they lose there better post player, but they will be tough.

HJ loses Spears, but have some quality underclassmen. I still think they are one year away. They may win this district in 07-08.

HF could be the surprise team with Cameron. She is a good player and with some help, they could play the roll of spoiler.

I'm not sure what Jasper has coming back, but they are always athletic and can surprise anyone on any given night.

Kirbyville also has some quality players back and can too play spoiler

Bridge City has alot back too and will be better next season.

As far as the district is concerned, I think the three playoff teams will be OF, WOS, and Silsbee, not necessarily in that order.

• 2 weeks later...

Deweyville was young this year and suffered a severe injury to one of their best players that crippled them.I dont see them being any better if the 2 Jackson boys play in Chireno.I have said it before ,coaching was not the probleem in Deweyville.They were just in a really tough district.One thing is for sure,you dont get better by losing your 2 best players and that is what has happened at Deweyville.

Warren was missing their starting PG ,missed 3 weeks with a severe ankle sprain and their starting post man who missed 3 weeks with a broken hand.They started 5 sophomores in that game.Jacob was limping but did play.I dont think the team you will see on the court for Warren next year will look anything like the 1 you saw at Spurger,however 1 of the sophs at spurger did have 29 points.The Bland kid for Deweyville is gonna be solid but I still believe the two best players on their team were the Jackson kids and given the chance Larry would have made them competetive.JMO

Warren did have their starting point guard and their starting post out when we played them. And they started five sophomores. And yes Jacob did play against Warren and yes he had a bad ankle sprain. And Deweyville won 57-48.

Please don't blame the kids or down the kids from Deweyville because of things that belong to couple of school board members and a football AD. They are a great bunch of kids and will give it everything they have next year for the new coach.

I honestly can't see them playing with Kountze or EC but I can see them making a realistic run for third. Yes, Warren will be tough, as will Anahuac and Hardin is always tough. And from what I understand Buna was also young. Deweyville did beat them in the first game of the year as Jacob knocked down 6 of 7 free throws in the last two minutes of the game. So it should be a fun district.

But please don't dog the kids on here because of some Deweyville school board member that gets on here and runs his mouth.

They have:

Kevin Bland returning. As a sophomore, averaged 13.9 ppg and 11 rpg and will be about 6-6 and does a great job inside.

Jimmy Folsom, 6-0, as a sophomore this year averaged 9.8 ppg and was second team all-district. and is a very good inside and has a nice outside shot. Has the best ups on the team.

Tanner Hyman, 6-0 or 6-1, as a junior this year averaged 9.8 ppg and is a very good outside shooter. I think next year he will be a better shooter than Broc Hayman from Bridge City was this year. Plus he does a great job of the boards and defensively.

Derek Bass, 6-0, as a junior averaged 4.6 but he also plays great defense on post and perimeter players and also works hard on the boards.

Matthew Manning, 5-10 sophomore only averaged 1.8 ppg but had some really nice games in district.

Brandon Lucas, 5-5 junior, averaged 1 ppg but was a real spark plug on the team and made All-Tournament this year in the Deweyville Classic.

Dustin Odom, 5-10 junior, averaged 0.4 ppg but had sat out a year of basketball and next year should really contribute big time.

They all got a lot of varsity experience as we did not have a senior on the team.

Then there are some good kids that will move up from the JV team.

Give these guys a shot. Good Luck Pirates!!!

whsalum thanks for your support, I know you are not dogging the kids, that wasn't meant for you. But when DP#1 gets on here and agitates by running his mouth it will start.

Again whsalum thanks for your support.

Coach Larry Jackson

I know what its like to coach. My dad is a Coach. He coached me for 4 years Football/Soccer. It would be a humbling experience if everyone could Coach a high school sport for just one year and see that theres more to it than just Coaching. You have to be a politician too.

Coach, I meant no disrespect for the Deweyville kids.I was just pointing out Deweyvilles record this year was a result of injuries and a tough district.Deweyville will have some quality kids returning ,in my opinion Caleb and Jacob will be hard to replace in the backcourt.I have watched you coach for several years and always noticed your teams were well prepared even if outmatched.I spoke with you briefly at the H/D track meet and offered best wishes and I still wish you well.Good luck also to the Pirates in what will still be 1 of the toughest 2A districts in the state.

I Don't eat GRAPES.

I have read the posts, and they are the type of

immature crap that opens people up to running down

things (in this case to basically begging someone to

down the kids of Dville - you are inviting trouble for

them). And I don't eat GRAPES. But when you

criticize kids on a public forum that IS childish and

immature. So don't tell me to read the posts. I've

read your posts on here and other message boards.

And yes I know what you mean by sour grapes. But I

DON'T EAT GRAPES!!! So it doesn't apply. Yes, in all

your mighty wisdom you influenced your boy to reassign

me then run all over Dville braging about it. Yes,

you took away my job. But if you want to know the

truth I now have THE BEST basketball coaching job in

the state of Texas. So I would like to officially and

publicly THANK YOU for your effots on my behalf.

My only post up til this one has been to build up the

kids of Dville in a very positive manner and I will

continue to do so. They are great kids and are not

responsible for who their parents are or what their

parents do OR SAY.

This is my last post on this subject. The only reason I posted on here in the first place was to take up for the kids of Deweyville. As far as the "Sour Grapes" you can't have it both ways.

But I appreciate you best wishes and I only wish Deweyville Basketball the very best next year and in the years to come. As I have stated repeatedly on here they are a super bunch of kids who will give it all they have for their new coach.

If you have anything further to address to me you can email me at [email protected] because I will no longer answer on this thread.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83