Supplements for teens?

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1375527" timestamp="1361220041"]
What is the standard that most teens are taking these days? And what is banned by the UIL? I am unsure of creatine, is it legal?  Just curious what others are taking if anything.
[/quote]

Like as in Protein shakes?

Kids and unfortunately their parents are GENERALLY not educated about supplements. Many times the kids ( parents $$) wind up buying items that they don't need and spend in excess...these supplements aren't cheap. If the athlete would just follow a sound meal plan, it would eliminate the need for the costly supplements.

Creatine and Muscle Milk are the best thing for high school kids to take at this stae of the game until they get into college.

With the Muscle Milk you cant just take one a day and expect to see amazing results. If your going to take it then take it like colleges have kids take it. Drink one in the morning as part of your breakfast, drink one after the kid gets done working out to help fuel his muscles and drink one before bed to help with weight gaining during the night.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="1375833" timestamp="1361295784"]
Kids and unfortunately their parents are GENERALLY not educated about supplements. Many times the kids ( parents $$) wind up buying items that they don't need and spend in excess...these supplements aren't cheap. If the athlete would just follow a sound meal plan, it would eliminate the need for the costly supplements.
[/quote]

Well said, I have spent a lot of money on supplements for my boys with no results. They are both doing good now but a good diet is the key. The problem with most shakes is they can't eat full meals because of the quantity of the shakes they were drinking. We found a high protein shake through Zija that isn't near as filling and they still eat full healthy meals and we are seeing good results. But, it ain't cheap.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    boxak
    Newest Member
    boxak