Liberty's Deel Resigns under pressure

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="1KatKiller" post="1368814" timestamp="1359728789"]
I know where Foreman's at, but anybody know where the other 2 are from?
[/quote]

Ty Pattrick is at Plano East

I think Taylor is at Hardin

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Scatright" post="1368837" timestamp="1359732985"]
Taylor is OC at LaPorte.  He was offered the Hardin job last spring, but turned it down.
[/quote]

OK thanks

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1368902" timestamp="1359739078"]
isn't Taylor from Liberty? And Yes I guess Craus is still the OC at Dayton
[/quote]

Yes.  From what I understand, born and raised.  I figure these interviews are just formalities.  The job is his if he wants it.  He has the credentials, and a real drive to return Liberty to it's proud past.  He cares about the community, his family is still there.  Those things alone should give him the job.  It also helps that he has lead that LP offense the past several years.  They need a guy who wants to put down roots, not just a passer by.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1368923" timestamp="1359743389"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=106621.msg1368902#msg1368902 date=1359739078]
[/quote]

Yes.  From what I understand, born and raised.  I figure these interviews are just formalities.  The job is his if he wants it.  He has the credentials, and a real drive to return Liberty to it's proud past.  He cares about the community, his family is still there.  Those things alone should give him the job.  It also helps that he has lead that LP offense the past several years.  They need a guy who wants to put down roots, not just a passer by.
[/quote] well, if he can get the "community" on board and let HIM run the athletic show, then he might make some progress. And IF he is the man that gets the job, first thing on the list should be a new stadium... Or at least some new turf...

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1368944" timestamp="1359748252"]
[b]IF [/b] Taylor takes the job, congrats to him and Liberty. Great coach. All foes get ready for some serious misdirection offense. Don't expect many passes. Expect a pound game with a seriously confused opponent D.
[/quote]

You are right.  There is an "if".  Taylor let it be known last year that he was not leaving LP for peanuts.  Him not being in Hardin came down to dollars. Liberty needs to pony up. 

[quote name="Scatright" post="1368948" timestamp="1359749195"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=106621.msg1368944#msg1368944 date=1359748252]
[b]IF [/b] Taylor takes the job, congrats to him and Liberty. Great coach. All foes get ready for some serious misdirection offense. Don't expect many passes. Expect a pound game with a seriously confused opponent D.
[/quote]

You are right.  There is an "if".  Taylor let it be known last year that he was not leaving LP for peanuts.  Him not being in Hardin came down to dollars. Liberty needs to pony up.
[/quote]He's got a great gig at LP. Good money. Close to home. PO's pretty much every year with a chance to go very far any given year. Hometown mystique and nostalgia only goes so far. Risk/Reward scenario.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1368972" timestamp="1359752403"]
If they bring the salary and allow him to upgrade facilities, I feel it is a lock.  Those are the two things he needs to be hammering in negotiations,.
[/quote]La Porte to Liberty is about 40 minutes. The only way it's a lock is if he wants to put his own stamp on a program. He has support, salary, 5A recognition at LP. I'm not saying plus or minus one way or the other.

I will say--as an analogy--I'm opening a new engineering office in the Sulphur/Lake Charles area. I can beat any compensation (bennies and pay) that are currently offered. I'm finding it difficult due to uncertainties with our current fiscal/medical situation as promoted by the Federal Government. Many are leery to make a major move right now...

I feel it will take a major commitment by Liberty and a long-term arrangement. Just my thoughts. Geting closer to family is one thing. Salary/benefits/longevity is an entirely different matter. Especially when we're discussing 40 minutes.

Liberty is only going to upgrade facilities and grow=When the old money that runs it allows.BOT good luck to all the applicants because there is roadblocks to overcome when it comes down to who plays.It was the same way @ Dayton before Jerry Stewart changed the direction & then things were on a positive note.

[quote name="liltex" post="1369112" timestamp="1359771229"]
Liberty is only going to upgrade facilities and grow=When the old money that runs it allows.BOT good luck to all the applicants because there is roadblocks to overcome when it comes down to who plays.It was the same way @ Dayton before Jerry Stewart changed the direction & then things were on a positive note.
[/quote] I just hope they give the coach time before running him out of town (speaking as if hometown boy Taylor gets the nod)

[quote name="Scatright" post="1368923" timestamp="1359743389"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Proud past...

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1369247" timestamp="1359783901"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=106621.msg1368923#msg1368923 date=1359743389]
[/quote]

[/quote][b]Proud past...[/b][/quote]

Well, they don't have any state titles like another school in Liberty county, but they were once proud of their program!  ;)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1369294" timestamp="1359819179"]
Really, ok. Guess that was when Griffin played their. [b]Has to be tough being sandwiched in between Hull-Daisetta and Dayton[/b]. Football towns.
[/quote] Not sure what that has to do, with Liberty not having a successful football program. Liberty needs to hand the football reins to whomever gets the job. And maybe they can get somewhere...

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1369299" timestamp="1359820407"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=106621.msg1369294#msg1369294 date=1359819179]
Really, ok. Guess that was when Griffin played their. [b]Has to be tough being sandwiched in between Hull-Daisetta and Dayton[/b]. Football towns.
[/quote] Not sure what that has to do, with Liberty not having a successful football program. Liberty needs to hand the football reins to whomever gets the job. And maybe they can get somewhere...
[/quote]My point is Liberty folks may be tired of not winning. Having to see Dayton and HD win for years. Liberty has really never been considered a big football town.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1369381" timestamp="1359842165"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=106621.msg1369299#msg1369299 date=1359820407]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=106621.msg1369294#msg1369294 date=1359819179]
[/quote]My point is Liberty folks may be tired of not winning. Having to see Dayton and HD win for years. Liberty has really never been considered a big football town.
[/quote]Liberty aint been relevant in football since Bua and White was running the rock IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Aprininteen
    Newest Member
    Aprininteen