Corrupt Ken Paxton Impeached by GOP-Controlled Texas House

DonTheCon2024

4 hours ago, UT alum said:

That being?

What’s the crime? And has he been allowed to defend himself according to the law? You know….Innocent till proven guilty.

Surely they wouldn’t just impeach him just for the hell of it like they did Trump or would they? And please enough with the majority Republican nonsense. In case you haven’t realized our government parties have become just one big Uniparty imo. 

You may want read up on the back story of this situation. Watch the video I posted above. It may help you understand the situation a little better but probably not. 

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Investigators say he likely broke the  law? And they impeach him on likely breaking the law without due process. 
Maybe he did and maybe he didn’t but something doesn’t seem right in this situation imo. If he did then he needs to be prosecuted. The standard to impeach someone these last 5 years doesn’t seem to be that high so excuse me if I am a little skeptical. 

14 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Investigators say he likely broke the law? And you impeach him on likely breaking the law without due process. 
Maybe he did and maybe he didn’t but something doesn’t seem right in this situation imo. If he did then he needs to be prosecuted. The standard to impeach someone these last 5 years doesn’t seem to be that high so excuse me if I am a little skeptical. 

Only for conservatives 

10 hours ago, UT alum said:

That being?

That you still seem to believe there was Russia collusion, which has proven to be a paid for scam by your party, but still think the Hillary email scandal, Benghazi, and crackhead Hunter’s business ties to the big guy were simply vast far right conspiracies.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:30 PM, Unwoke said:

Investigators say he likely broke the  law? And they impeach him on likely breaking the law without due process. 

I don’t know all the details, but the one I do know that stands out to me is the millions of dollars he’s paying to whistleblowers to settle a lawsuit after he retaliated when they came forward with info that he was crooked.  The fact that he wants to use taxpayer money to do it makes it even worse.  His attack on Dade Phelan the day after he was served a subpoena for documents to investigate the $3.3M  he’s requesting in state funds to pay off that lawsuit is just another example of the kind of guy he is.  He’s paying money for retaliation, and immediately does the same thing again when another politician looks into it?  he’s dirty.  He’s under indictment for security fraud.  He wants to use $3.3M in state funds to settle a lawsuit brought about by his own behavior.  It’s time for him to go.  

29 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I don’t know all the details, but the one I do know that stands out to me is the millions of dollars he’s paying to whistleblowers to settle a lawsuit after he retaliated when they came forward with info that he was crooked.  The fact that he wants to use taxpayer money to do it makes it even worse.  His attack on Dade Phelan the day after he was served a subpoena for documents to investigate the $3.3M  he’s requesting in state funds to pay off that lawsuit is just another example of the kind of guy he is.  He’s paying money for retaliation, and immediately does the same thing again when another politician looks into it?  he’s dirty.  He’s under indictment for security fraud.  He wants to use $3.3M in state funds to settle a lawsuit brought about by his own behavior.  It’s time for him to go.  

There’s a statute in Texas which they are not following. This is illegal impeachment. The statute says that if there were complaints prior to the election, there were issues prior to the election. You can’t bring an impeachment on issues that occurred, whether true or false, before the election. 19 of the 20 in this complaint were from issues related to the election. The second was related to his settlement authority. And they’re saying that he deserve to be impeached because he settled a case which required that the legislature approve the money they have to actually fund.

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

There’s a statute in Texas which they are not following. This is illegal impeachment. The statute says that if there were complaints prior to the election, there were issues prior to the election. You can’t bring an impeachment on issues that occurred, whether true or false, before the election. 19 of the 20 in this complaint were from issues related to the election. The second was related to his settlement authority. And they’re saying that he deserve to be impeached because he settled a case which required that the legislature approve the money they have to actually fund.

121 - 23. Vote wasn’t even close. You have to be a real scumbag to get impeached while having home court advantage. Sorry bud but you can’t blame RINOs and liberals on this one (despite how much you want to)

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

FYI - to be crystal clear for the people with their heads in the sand.

>> The whistleblowers are former deputies to Paxton who say they were fired in retribution for accusing him of corruption to law enforcement.

18 minutes ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

121 - 23. Vote wasn’t even close. You have to be a real scumbag to get impeached while having home court advantage. Sorry bud but you can’t blame RINOs and liberals on this one (despite how much you want to)

Sorry Bud, I didn’t write the Texas statutes. It’ll go to the Texas Senate a will see what happens, maybe both sides will actually get to present their case like it’s suppose to happen. He is still allowed due process. You seem to skip over that fact. If he is found guilty under the Texas law and statutes then he needs to be prosecuted. 

He overwhelmingly spank George P. Bush’s A$$ in the 22 election for reason. 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:12 AM, Reagan said:

What crime has he supposedly committed?  If I remember right, he was overwhelmingly re-elected last election.

So you're saying crooks can't be elected to public office? Uhhh, can you say Richard Nixon, Bill & Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden... Probably hundreds if not more...

On 6/1/2023 at 10:48 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

That you still seem to believe there was Russia collusion, which has proven to be a paid for scam by your party, but still think the Hillary email scandal, Benghazi, and crackhead Hunter’s business ties to the big guy were simply vast far right conspiracies.

That’s not hypocrisy. That’s reason.

9 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Sorry Bud, I didn’t write the Texas statutes. It’ll go to the Texas Senate a will see what happens, maybe both sides will actually get to present their case like it’s suppose to happen. He is still allowed due process. You seem to skip over that fact. If he is found guilty under the Texas law and statutes then he needs to be prosecuted. 

He overwhelmingly spank George P. Bush’s A$$ in the 22 election for reason. 

You don’t seem to get that impeachment is like an indictment, the lege like a grand jury. A defendant gets no chance to defend in a grand jury proceeding. That comes at trial, which is what the Senate does. His opportunity to defend against the indictment (due process) will occur at that proceeding.  Know your civics, man. 

24 minutes ago, UT alum said:

You don’t seem to get that impeachment is like an indictment, the lege like a grand jury. A defendant gets no chance to defend in a grand jury proceeding. That comes at trial, which is what the Senate does. His opportunity to defend against the indictment (due process) will occur at that proceeding.  Know your civics, man. 

Hey Spanky , my post says we will see what happens in the Texas Senate. By Texas statutes it was an illegal impeachment. Know your Texas statutes Spanky. 

Did Paxton’s lawyer sign up to speak at the committee hearing that recommended impeachment?

Was he allowed to speak?  

If not, why not?

Why impeach the Republican AG that voters just re-elected in Nov, over spurious claims that were already public?

So much to this story.

• 1 month later...

Lol… Orange County has the most powerful man in the House representing them, and they pull this stunt. Nice, especially considering that the guy tweeting about it plans to run against Phelan… AND his daddy and two family members are on the committee that voted to censure Phelan. 

Phelan is doing an  outstanding job and the only people who are mad are the ones who think that a one-vote majority gives you the right to force your views on everyone else. Phelan’s results speak for themselves. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Lol… Orange County has the most powerful man in the House representing them, and they pull this stunt. Nice, especially considering that the guy tweeting about it plans to run against Phelan… AND his daddy and two family members are on the committee that voted to censure Phelan. 

Phelan is doing an  outstanding job and the only people who are mad are the ones who think that a one-vote majority gives you the right to force your views on everyone else. Phelan’s results speak for themselves. 

Uh…..Ok😂

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2023 at 2:56 PM, thetragichippy said:

The interview with Tucker has reached 5.8 million views

@tvc184, have you watched the Tucker interview. If things paxton said are true, not sure it was as black and white as some suggest.  

I finally watched it about a week ago.

Any interview is one sided but I am fairly sure that most of what he said was correct. Looking at the few minutes of the actual trial and the Dan Patrick response, it seems clear that it was a railroad job. The impeachment process appeared like a cloak and dagger, smoke filled room kind of investigation.

“We looked into this with private investigators, who interviewed people who were not under oath, so trust us, vote for impeachment”.

He could be guilty but the whole thing appears like one big preconceived scam.