Best Player Ever

10 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

I remember Catt, and he was unbelievable, I am not familiar with the other guy. Were they All-State players as well?

I don’t believe so - Catt for sure was not.  All 3 mentioned from OF were really good ones. I’m biased toward the cousins, Ragusa and Catt, but I’m also very fond of the Farias brothers.  I will say that Chris Ford is a name that is thrown around a lot in the community as one of the best but he was before my time here.  However, someone who grew up competing against Chris and whose opinion I respect told me Ragusa was better.  I gotta go with him because he is very familiar with both and most of us tend to inflate the “good old days” over the present. 

Now give us your EC pick!  I’m partial to 3rd but that choice will almost be as tough as Silsbee and Kountze. 

For Silsbee, if you had to debate it would be Darrell McArthur, Bre Bush, Devin McCain,, Chris Miller, DC Stallworth, and Thad Holden. You could also debate Jared Harris, Jordyn Adams, and Damon Bush. Silsbee is one of few schools that it seems like every few years has a dominate hoops player. There are about 15 guys I left off that would be the best player ever on many local schools like Chris Martin, Lewis Arline, Shannon Robinson, Chris Elam, and James Hunter. 

On 5/27/2023 at 3:13 PM, 72 Pinto said:

Deweyville Pirates.  1.  Bimbo Wilson, 2.  David Wilson, honorable mention Hunter Estes.

Bimbo is definitely in the decision, Dick Davis was pretty dang good from what I was told. Not sure who David Wilson is. Hunter isn’t even the top 10.

53 minutes ago, Waterboys said:

Bimbo is definitely in the decision, Dick Davis was pretty dang good from what I was told. Not sure who David Wilson is. Hunter isn’t even the top 10.

Your telling me that Hunter Estes is not in the top 5?

The day i saw them play he was only guy that looked like he had played ball outside of deweyville…. Evadale tourney about 10-12 years ago. 

29 minutes ago, Football_Fan11 said:

Your telling me that Hunter Estes is not in the top 5?

The day i saw them play he was only guy that looked like he had played ball outside of deweyville…. Evadale tourney about 10-12 years ago. 

Yes I’m telling you he isn’t Top 10 of all time players in Deweyville. Hunter was a very good player but he is not top 10

7 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

If Bush had taken after his dad in height, we might not need this conversation for Silsbee.

The upcoming freshman will be in the conversation in a few years.

I have a hard time picking anyone but Braelon.  But I also have never seen the older guys (MacArthur, Stallworth, etc) play so I’m definitely not qualified to vote.  Of the guys in the last 15 years, Bush would be my pick but if this year’s team could win it, I might go Harris.  Always was very partial to McCain.  His game against Carter for all the marbles was one for the ages.  But for a similar performance by Bush against Yates, I might even have Devon up top.  But Bush’s career numbers would have to make him my choice from the recent guys. 

19 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

For Silsbee, if you had to debate it would be Darrell McArthur, Bre Bush, Devin McCain,, Chris Miller, DC Stallworth, and Thad Holden. You could also debate Jared Harris, Jordyn Adams, and Damon Bush. Silsbee is one of few schools that it seems like every few years has a dominate hoops player. There are about 15 guys I left off that would be the best player ever on many local schools like Chris Martin, Lewis Arline, Shannon Robinson, Chris Elam, and James Hunter. 

I would have to say McArthur then Bush. Both seemed to be able to score at will and also played great defense. The others are definitely top tier, but these two stand out to me. From what I have seen from the freshman Jones, if he grows like the rest of his family, he could easily jump in the conversation. 

3 minutes ago, mfd814 said:

Also at Hardin,    Brent Anderson, Daniel (Snook) Marsh,  Derrick Reescano,  Cedric Reescano,  Jonathan JB Brown,  Chris Dumas,  

What year was Brown? I know about Anderson and Ced, they were thorns in my alma mater arse my SR year. 

1 hour ago, DXTR said:

I would have to say McArthur then Bush. Both seemed to be able to score at will and also played great defense. The others are definitely top tier, but these two stand out to me. From what I have seen from the freshman Jones, if he grows like the rest of his family, he could easily jump in the conversation. 

100% agree!! 

Freshman Payton Jones will make a big impact this year. Harris could end up being completely unstoppable.! Especially after what he has been playing and how he has been playing. You most likely going to see great amazing things from him this year. But as of now I" would haft to say Bush. 🤠

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Freshman Payton Jones will make a big impact this year. Harris could end up being completely unstoppable.! Especially after what he has been playing and how he has been playing. You most likely going to see great amazing things from him this year. But as of now I" would haft to say Bush. 🤠

I get that Harris is a high major basketball player and Miller is going to play football, but Drelon is absolutely better than Harris right now.  He's got to be Silsbee HS best athlete ever.

Before he blew out his knee Michael Dabney was the best I've seen play for Silsbee.  I wish there was film to prove my point.  

I was at a recent thanksgiving showcase at a gym on Houston Episcopal high school. I was watching BU play somebody.  I was talking to this old PA Lincoln player.  I was telling him about the great PA Lincoln teams, and players.  He quickly shot right back "man but that Michael Dabney for Silsbee was a beast!"

True story..   

On 5/28/2023 at 6:54 PM, BADSANTA said:

David Brown, Michael Dabney.  

David Brown was 6'8", HS all American.  He played in the NCAA final four for Memphis.  May he RIP.

David Brown was good friends with James Hunter.  Both were class of 1972.   Michael Dabney was class of 1975.