Bridge City coach

WO-S 89

16 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

WOS welcomes any and all students looking to get a quality education. Perhaps you've seen the commercials on TV about our career center teaching welding. Or the in-house beauty salon that allows students to learn the essential art of cosmetology. But nobody is running to jump on a sinking ship. We have to get back to our winning ways before getting future athletic transfers.

WOS is also an open district without tuition fees. So buying rental property in Orange area would be a bonus in today's OC. But not a requirement. The other one that I knew of 2 or 3 years ago, which was not public, didn't bother because of the coming regime change. Some of us knew way before CT's last game vs China Spring.

Long story short... it didn't happen then, I doubt it will now. I could be wrong, it has happened once before. 🧢

Good time to buy real estate in Orange for sure. 

On 5/27/2023 at 12:56 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

What about... never mind that wouldn't work either. No1 needs more losses on the resume. Even for a retiree. @Mr. Buddy Garritymay be the best option since I'm definitely not applying.

All I need is some land in different areas of BC, some extra mailboxes and access to the HS Transfer Portal, I'll have BC humming in no time 😁💪🏾

I don’t comment often, but I would imagine thing like the lack of discipline over the last few years also played a part. I was at the BC vs. Liberty game and was surprised they didn’t fire the entire staff after the number of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, and the kids seemed proud of it. BC athletics could use a change of direction and I think slowing down and finding the right long term person is smart as long as they do it early enough for the new guy to have a full off season. 

On 5/27/2023 at 9:08 AM, MJB said:

Maybe it’s just a rumor but I heard the days he was sno coning were the activity/fun days on the other campuses. 

As far as AD & coaches having side businesses and other jobs, there’s far too many to list. 

I have been reading this thread for a few days as an guest and alot of the comments got things right. Not sure of their sources but I have ties to people who work with the coach. I have been told by people who work there that he didn't leave "a couple times" like the article says. He was gone for hours at a time multiple days and nobody could find him. At least 2 weeks as far as they could count.  Alot of good people were stuck picking up the slack while he was out slinging snow. I work at a plant and I know he was there at least 6 days in the middle of the school day. One source says the ice machine near the coach's office was strangely low on ice during those days.

Don't know many places where you can work but you can leave your job while still getting paid and go do a side hustle for large portions of the work day. No problem with teachers and coaches having a side gig, Lord knows they don't get paid much anyways. But we want teachers to be accountable, so coaches and especially their leader should be held accountable too. Just my two cents, but if this was about wins and losses I think they would have made a decision earlier. Whoever does take the job will have a good group of assistants. Hope he lets them stay on. 

On 5/27/2023 at 7:42 AM, CardinalBacker said:

The Cards had the “distinction” of being the lowest scoring team in 4AD2 for 2022, plus they’re  headed back up to be one of the smallest schools in 4aD1. This is probably the worst job opportunity in the state. I think posting the job for outside candidates would have been a complete waste of time…. Time being something we don’t have, anyways. 

I think you're right. They could open the job up but who are they going to get at this late hour? Football starts in the summer and I doubt they have time to wade through weeks of interviews while the kids and coaches are spinning their wheels wondering what's going on. They went with a guy as interim HC who has varsity football coaching experience, has the respect of the other coaches and kids, and I guarantee will run a tighter ship than what we have seen in the past. He will get them through until the timing is right for a new HC. I do wonder about the new OC? I don't follow sports in LA but friends in BC say he is a good hire and has some HC/AD experience. 

11 hours ago, Colt45Red said:

I have been reading this thread for a few days as an guest and alot of the comments got things right. Not sure of their sources but I have ties to people who work with the coach. I have been told by people who work there that he didn't leave "a couple times" like the article says. He was gone for hours at a time multiple days and nobody could find him. At least 2 weeks as far as they could count.  Alot of good people were stuck picking up the slack while he was out slinging snow. I work at a plant and I know he was there at least 6 days in the middle of the school day. One source says the ice machine near the coach's office was strangely low on ice during those days.

Don't know many places where you can work but you can leave your job while still getting paid and go do a side hustle for large portions of the work day. No problem with teachers and coaches having a side gig, Lord knows they don't get paid much anyways. But we want teachers to be accountable, so coaches and especially their leader should be held accountable too. Just my two cents, but if this was about wins and losses I think they would have made a decision earlier. Whoever does take the job will have a good group of assistants. Hope he lets them stay on. 

It is good to empty out the ice machines regularly . 

That way you avoid "SLIME IN THE ICE MACHINE"

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Just heard from a decent reliable source that 17 members of the BC football club quit because of the firing of the coach.  Also heard that hardly any kids showing up for summer workouts.  Can anyone confirm or deny?   

They're mad because they got rid of a 5-16 coach?! That's crazy. 

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

Just heard from a decent reliable source that 17 members of the BC football club quit because of the firing of the coach.  Also heard that hardly any kids showing up for summer workouts.  Can anyone confirm or deny?   

They just competed in the 7 on 7 last weekend. Already looks better than last season.

Bridge City 28, Hardin-Jefferson 16

Bridge City 32, Woodville 6

Hitchcock 21, Bridge City 20

State Qualifying Round

West Orange-Stark 27, Bridge City 14

13 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They just competed in the 7 on 7 last weekend. Already looks better than last season.

State Qualifying Round

I'm on Travelocity booking my room in Arlington as week speak. 

13 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

State Qualifying Round

funny thing is the new coach had nothing to do with this improvement.

maybe they should of given snow cone another year..........

54 minutes ago, Football_Fan11 said:

I’m setting the Cards win total at 1.5 next year. I’m not sure they can win any district games. 

Mark my words... the Cards won't do any worse in than they did last year. 

1.  Lowest scoring team in 4AD2

2. Winless in District

3.  We've got nowhere to go but up.  Or stay right here at the bottom.  But we won't be any worse.