DeSantis Files To run in 2024

Bobcat1

1 hour ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

I was on board with DeSantis a year or so ago but his culture warrior nonsense and abortion stance made it a non-starter. It’s too bad. 

Instead we get battle of the 80 year olds, round 2. Yay 😵💫

Trump has enough die-hard followers that he'll roll right over Desantis in the primaries.  I'm not sure that Biden makes it to the convention. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Trump has enough die-hard followers that he'll roll right over Desantis in the primaries.  I'm not sure that Biden makes it to the convention. 

Unpopular opinion but these morons make me wish we had some Dubya or Obama types back in office

Make America Normal Again

19 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Unpopular opinion but these morons make me wish we had some Dubya or Obama types back in office

Make America Normal Again

I’m telling you… i was mildly bummed when Obama won, but McCain/Palin was a horrible ticket. I was really bummed when Obama got re-elected after a pretty lame first term and he had a decent opponent in Romney. It seemed to me like the Dems had finally managed to lock up the “stupid” vote… and there are a lot of them out there. Then in 2016 the Rs, went “not so fast, we’ve got our share of morons, too” and nominated Trump.  Then for 2020, the Dems were like “I guess we’re just gonna have to show you that we really ARE the most ignorant” by nominating Biden/Harris.

So this year the Rs are like “wanna run it back?” and the Ds were like “BET!!!”

Thank you. I just curtsied. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m telling you… i was mildly bummed when Obama won, but McCain/Palin was a horrible ticket. I was really bummed when Obama got re-elected after a pretty lame first term and he had a decent opponent in Romney. It seemed to me like the Dems had finally managed to lock up the “stupid” vote… and there are a lot of them out there. Then in 2016 the Rs, went “not so fast, we’ve got our share of morons, too” and nominated Trump.  Then for 2020, the Dems were like “I guess we’re just gonna have to show you that we really ARE the most ignorant” by nominating Biden/Harris.

If only we could come up with a candidate to lock up the stupid vote, all would be well.

Thank you for identifying what I have been saying is the real problem for years.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Obama, McCain and Romney. The Uniparty exemplified. Nothing would have changed.

Kinda messed up that he just got re-elected for a 4 year term and 6 months into it he’s ready to leave the people of Florida high and dry. Kinda goes back to the loyalty factor Trump was talking about. 

There's no way you can run a state properly and do a national run for President at the same time. JMO

4 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Kinda messed up that he just got re-elected for a 4 year term and 6 months into it he’s ready to leave the people of Florida high and dry. Kinda goes back to the loyalty factor Trump was talking about. 

There's no way you can run a state properly and do a national run for President at the same time. JMO

I can't believe anyone in Florida didn't expect him to run for President in 2024. Florida voters knew it well. Florida will be more than fine. DeSantis is presiding over a massively successful state, and the people fleeing blue states and blue cites can't get to Florida fast enough. Florida's success will continue if not accelerate.        

49 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I can't believe anyone in Florida didn't expect him to run for President in 2024. Florida voters knew it well. Florida will be more than fine. DeSantis is presiding over a massively successful state, and the people fleeing blue states and blue cites can't get to Florida fast enough. Florida's success will continue if not accelerate.        

DeSantis was over in Japan and overseas for a week - why? - because he's running for President. At the same time, Jacksonville voted in a Democrat mayor. This is going to happen over and over because he doesn't have his full focus on Florida "where it belongs."  His actual job is in Florida - not Iowa, not New Hampshire, Florida…. Just sayin 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Only if the blue state immigrants learned from their mistakes 

Almost all presidential candidates come from some kind of office. Senators, Congressmen, Governors, etc. (Trump was an rare exception). 

George Bush was Governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000. Texas did not implode when he ascended to the Presidency, and Florida did not implode when RDS was in Japan for a week. Texas then elected Rick Perry. Take a breath. Its entirely normal for Governors to run.     

9 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Almost all presidential candidates come from some kind of office. Senators, Congressmen, Governors, etc. (Trump was an rare exception). 

George Bush was Governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000. Texas did not implode when he ascended to the Presidency, and Florida did not implode when RDS was in Japan for a week. Texas then elected Rick Perry. Take a breath. Its entirely normal for Governors to run.     

Say what you want but I just don’t think it’s a good look making an announcement you’re running for president after only 6 months into a 4 year term for the Governor of Florida. I am sure Floridians are not too happy about it. IMO I think he should waited till 2028 especially after what’s happened to him in the polls the last few months. I think he’s a good governor but I wouldn’t have jumped into the race if I were him. The primaries are going to be brutal and ruthless. I hope he’s wearing a cup. 

Let the bludgeoning begin!

Honestly just another politician.

FWIW Ron DeSantis Poltical Career History:

Elected US House - 2012

Annouces US Senate Bid - 2015

Ends Senate Bid - 2016

Resigns House Seat to Run for Gov - 2018

Elected Gov. - 2018 

Reelected Gov. 2022

Signs Bill Allowing Office Holders to Run 4 Prez without Resigning - April 2023

Annouces Presidential Campaign - May 2023

Loses Presidential Primary & Returns to Flordia - 2024