Potential New Alignments

89Falcon

5 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

image.png.af5664f739b36dac29844c965c89602a.png

Those were the numbers at the beginning of school.

Yesterday's enrollment number at the high school was 529. The 8th grade number was 140. This year's senior class as of yesterday was 121.

This info came from someone in the know at the high school (looks at the enrollment numbers daily).

Take the 121 from 529 and you get 408. Add the incoming 8th grade's 140, you have 548 for next school year.

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Those were the numbers at the beginning of school.

Yesterday's enrollment number at the high school was 529. The 8th grade number was 140. This year's senior class as of yesterday was 121.

This info came from someone in the know at the high school (looks at the enrollment numbers daily).

Take the 121 from 529 and you get 408. Add the incoming 8th grade's 140, you have 548 for next school year.

I expect the numbers could jump again at the beginning of next year as they did this year. Snapshots are taken in the first part of the year but if OF enrollment remains as you have indicated, OF should be good. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

3 rounds deep last season after being bounced out 1st round for a few years I think we have embraced it but logically we belong in Region 3 🤷🏾‍♂️

Looks most likely we'll be staying in R2, depending on what happens in El Paso. If Bel Air drops to 5AD2, then there's a good chance Del Valle opts up to 6A, meaning no El Paso districts in 5AD1, and possibly 2 Houston area districts in R2.

5 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

With the growth BC and Ofield has had the last 15-20 years I figured BC 4AD1 and Ofield a Big 4AD2 but that hasn’t happened… are they big in lower grades? 

In OF the growth is in the lower grades.  Now that Cormier is starting to sell off more land, new housing additions are coming up. I look for OF to grow more in the next few years.

2 minutes ago, Cat22 said:

In OF the growth is in the lower grades.  Now that Cormier is starting to sell off more land, new housing additions are coming up. I look for OF to grow more in the next few years.

They going to pass some bonds over at OF I heard they were talking about it for new schools for the growth and update stadium but never heard anything more about it.. 

43 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

They going to pass some bonds over at OF I heard they were talking about it for new schools for the growth and update stadium but never heard anything more about it.. 

Yes I think they are working on getting some ready for the November elections. 

On 5/25/2023 at 11:26 AM, idk said:

Shepherd will be going back up, only thing that can save them is starting a 7A division. We are getting our fair share of move in's like Cleveland has. 

I've been saying that for the longest... As long as they keep building up on 59 these areas will grow.  Mark my words Shepherd before long will in be close going to 5A if this continues and if the UIL isn't pushing for 7A

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I've been saying that for the longest... As long as they keep building up on 59 these areas will grow.  Mark my words Shepherd before long will in be close going to 5A if this continues and if the UIL isn't pushing for 7A

Looks like Trinity may replace them in the district. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Looks like Trinity may replace them in the district. 

And personally given what you said how our team may reach state this season coming up which you said in another thread (I highly doubt that Coldspring makes the playoffs this upcoming season but that's just me) I would definitely like another shot at Franklin.

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

And personally given what you said how our team may reach state this season coming up which you said in another thread (I highly doubt that Coldspring makes the playoffs this upcoming season but that's just me) I would definitely like another shot at Franklin.

I never said that "Coldspring would win state" but I did say "they would be much improved and could be a potential force in the region". I will say with some degree of confidence that Coldspring will make the playoffs. Too much firepower and too much talent.

I made a similar preseason call on Dayton last year after they won only 2 games in the previous 2 years and had just as many (probably more) naysayers. 

**Make sure you jump on the bandwagon when the Trojans get hot. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I never said that "Coldspring would win state" but I did say "they would be much improved and could be a potential force in the region". I will say with some degree of confidence that Coldspring will make the playoffs. Too much firepower and too much talent.

I made a similar preseason call on Dayton last year after they won only 2 games in the previous 2 years and had just as many (probably more) naysayers. 

**Make sure you jump on the bandwagon when the Trojans get hot. 

Trust me I'm always on that bandwagon I'm a die-hard fan but if they pull the rabbit out of their you know what best believe I may the first one of us on here that will be cheering from them... On the Dayton issue I  knew they was going to do good from someone I know that way that is close to Liberty and Dayton and from what I'm hearing Liberty may make some noise in district this year (take that with a grain of salt though I've never personally since I've played Liberty now this goes goes back to '02 that they have never not to my knowledge have ever went pass the second round of the playoffs let alone the first... If I'm wrong someone please correct me.)

6 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Trust me I'm always on that bandwagon I'm a die-hard fan but if they pull the rabbit out of their you know what best believe I may the first one of us on here that will be cheering from them... On the Dayton issue I  knew they was going to do good from someone I know that way that is close to Liberty and Dayton and from what I'm hearing Liberty may make some noise in district this year (take that with a grain of salt though I've never personally since I've played Liberty now this goes goes back to '02 that they have never not to my knowledge have ever went pass the second round of the playoffs let alone the first... If I'm wrong someone please correct me.)

Do you not know someone close to Coldspring? If so, you should understand what they have at the skill positions, and what they will have on the OL/DL this year.

They generally compete for the district championship on a regular basis and have consistently with the current coaching regime. Not sure why anyone would think they would "not make the playoffs"?

4 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Do you not know someone close to Coldspring? If so, you should understand what they have at the skill positions, and what they will have on the OL/DL this year.

They generally compete for the district championship on a regular basis and have consistently with the current coaching regime. Not sure why anyone would think they would "not make the playoffs"?

Of course I do... I'm not the only person that is saying that around our area but hey we will see this season an hopefully I'm proven wrong that's something I'm willing to admit.

On 5/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, Cat22 said:

OF seems like the lumberton of orange county. That's where everyone wants to be. Great place for sure.

33 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

Png ? Nederland? Lcm?

Those schools look like they will stay the same. However, as mentioned previously I think Splendora will move up and could join PNG and Nederland. As a note: I could be wrong about all of this. I have no inside knowledge, just my review of enrollments compared with the current cut off numbers. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Those schools look like they will stay the same. However, as mentioned previously I think Splendora will move up and could join PNG and Nederland. As a note: I could be wrong about all of this. I have no inside knowledge, just my review of enrollments compared with the current cut off numbers. 

What is splendora enrollment 8 - 11 grades for this year?

1 minute ago, lcm93 said:

What is splendora enrollment 8 - 11 grades for this year?

I cant open the TEA page with my rural internet. It was well over the last cut off. Cant remember exactly what it was. You could check the link on the 1st page of this thread.