Potential New Alignments

89Falcon

Quick glance at TEA numbers (based on the last cut offs) show Orangefield, Tarkington and Shepherd going up to 4AD2. Warren and Trinity going up to 3AD1. Seems like this would likely pull Woodville and Warren back into 3A1-10. Trinity into 3A1-9. 

Orangefield into 4A2-9, possibly pushing Jasper back North with something like Shepherd, Tarkington, Rusk, Center, Carthage, Jasper. 

thoughts? 

6 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Quick glance at TEA numbers (based on the last cut offs) show Orangefield, Tarkington and Shepherd going up to 4AD2. Warren and Trinity going up to 3AD1. Seems like this would likely pull Woodville and Warren back into 3A1-10. Trinity into 3A1-9. 

Orangefield into 4A2-9, possibly pushing Jasper back North with something like Shepherd, Tarkington, Rusk, Center, Carthage, Jasper. 

thoughts? 

"Based on the last cutoffs" is the key phrase here... Oftentimes if the school's TEA numbers just barely put them over the last year's cutoffs, then there may be no change in reality as the current year's cutoffs get shifted up a bit.

6 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Looks like PAM is currently 273 over the cut at 2198, 8th-11. 631 kids in 10th grade is blowing it up. 

You sure that isn't old info? 2198 was the exact number we had a few alignments ago. 

What's the link you're looking at, I want to check it out. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You sure that isn't old info? 2198 was the exact number we had a few alignments ago. 

What's the link you're looking at, I want to check it out. 

You could be right. However, the numbers look correct for the other districts. Sort it by "district" and "grade".

This is the hidden content, please

3 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

That is the number right now. 631 kids in 10th will be tough to overcome. 

I'm not worried because I also think new schools like the one in New Caney(North Fork I think the name is), will push that 5A/6A cutoff up to the point which WB and United will be in 5A Div 1 which will put PA back in reg 3

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

thoughts? 

Unless they keep upping the numbers  . Orangefield , Shepherd & Tarkington staying 3A . I think the number stops at 544 

For reference, these are the current alignment cutoff numbers.

6A         2225 and up

5A D I   1925 – 2224

5A D II  1300 – 1924

4A D I     880 – 1299

4A D II    545 – 879

3A D I     360 – 544

3A D II    250 – 359

2A D I   164.5 – 249

2A D II    105 – 164.4

1A D I     59.5 – 104.9

1A D II    59.4 and below

9 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

For reference, these are the current alignment cutoff numbers.

6A         2225 and up

5A D I   1925 – 2224

5A D II  1300 – 1924

4A D I     880 – 1299

4A D II    545 – 879

3A D I     360 – 544

3A D II    250 – 359

2A D I   164.5 – 249

2A D II    105 – 164.4

1A D I     59.5 – 104.9

1A D II    59.4 and below

Yep, that was the cut numbers that I based my projections. To me, the real question is what 4AD2 will look like. The addition of OF, Shepherd and Tarkington mess up the 4AD2 numbers for the region. Rusk, Center, Carthage are the only ones close that can fill out a district. Suppose they could add Madisonville again. I know Center would like to split from Carthage. 

10 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Would need to know what middle schools feed into the high school. They had 363 in the 9th grade.

From my understanding currently only Woodridge Forest Middle school feeds into West Fork. However that's completely based off of conversations with friends of ours that live there. 

16 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Shepherd is over 600 8th-11. OF and Tarkington well past the cut

Unless I'm looking at something wrong, the number I come up with for Tarkington is 556 and thus puts us only 11 kids over just based on the enrollment numbers from the website you provided. I think the avg line move over the past few years has been about 8% of the bottom number so that would put the estimated cutoff at around 570. Don't get me wrong even that would put us really close to the cutoff. Not trying to be argumentative, just wondering where you're coming up with Tarkington will be well above 600+ kids from?

1 minute ago, PrairieMan said:

Unless I'm looking at something wrong, the number I come up with for Tarkington is 556 and thus puts us only 11 kids over just based on the enrollment numbers from the website you provided. I think the avg line move over the past few years has been about 8% of the bottom number so that would put the estimated cutoff at around 570. Don't get me wrong even that would put us really close to the cutoff. Not trying to be argumentative, just wondering where you're coming up with Tarkington will be well above 600+ kids from?

Never said Tarkington would be over 600 kids. Shepherd is the one that will be over 600. If the cut off went to 570 that would likely save Tarkington. My initial projections were based upon existing cut off numbers.