North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper declares 'state of emergency' over school choice bill

LumRaiderFan

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

democrats think it's an emergency if folks have the choice to opt out of a pathetic public school system, apparently.

My question would be where does the governor’s kids attend school? That should tell me all I need to know, especially since I probably know the answer already. 
If his kids are grown, where did they attend school and where do his grandkids attend?

10 minutes ago, baddog said:

My question would be where does the governor’s kids attend school? That should tell me all I need to know, especially since I probably know the answer already. 
If his kids are grown, where did they attend school and where do his grandkids attend?

It's been pointed out that his kids attend a very expensive private school.

God forbid teachers would have to be productive in order to keep their jobs.

Competition is a good thing in the school system. If you’re a good teacher doing your job then you have nothing to worry about. If you want a guaranteed job for life no matter your performance then get a Civil Service Job. 

Welcome to the real world. How many of these children’s lives are being destroyed and not even given a chance to get ahead by being in a crappy school district? 

When comes to some of these teachers it’s not about the kids when you really get down to it. It’s about job security and not being accountable. It’s time they run these schools like businesses. If you’re not profitable i.e. kids getting a good quality education in a good learning environment then hit the road Jack!