RIP Hagar

TxHoops

It is with great sadness I report that Hagar passed last night.  He had been battling cancer for some time, along with his wife of 55 years.  She passed less than 2 months ago, and our buddy just joined her.  He missed her dearly, obviously, and was surely overjoyed to join her.  He had just gotten a positive report but developed an infection this week his body couldn’t fight off.  His daughter reports that he passed peacefully in the night.  

Hagar was someone we all enjoyed posting, and he was a great friend.  I met him through this message board, and was blessed to develop a friendship over the past several years.  I debated where to post this (either here, the football board, or the Locker Room), but I feel like this is the one where he posted and enjoyed the most.  He will be deeply missed.  Prayers for his beloved son, daughter and grandchildren.  As you can imagine, he was very proud of them and an incredible dad and grandad to them all. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

It is with great sadness I report that Hagar passed last night.  He had been battling cancer for some time, along with his wife of 55 years.  She passed less than 2 months ago, and our buddy just joined her.  He missed her dearly, obviously, and was surely overjoyed to join her.  He had just gotten a positive report but developed an infection this week his body couldn’t fight off.  His daughter reports that he passed peacefully in the night.  

Hagar was someone we all enjoyed posting, and he was a great friend.  I met him through this message board, and was blessed to develop a friendship over the past several years.  I debated where to post this (either here, the football board, or the Locker Room), but I feel like this is the one where he posted and enjoyed the most.  He will be deeply missed.  Prayers for his beloved son, daughter and grandchildren.  As you can imagine, he was very proud of them and an incredible dad and grandad to them all. 

OMG. I knew I should have checked on him. I work with a man from Evadale and asked Hagar if he knew him. Of course he did. Our friendship took off from there. I never met the man, now I wish I had. He and I would text occasionally. He told me of his condition and asked me not to mention it. You posted it in the right place. 
Even though we may not have met, I feel I know the man. He had a sense of humor that was so enjoyable. We all loved his posts and his “country” humor. He will be sorely missed. 
R. I. P. my friend. 

14 minutes ago, baddog said:

OMG. I knew I should have checked on him. I work with a man from Evadale and asked Hagar if he knew him. Of course he did. Our friendship took off from there. I never met the man, now I wish I had. He and I would text occasionally. He told me of his condition and asked me not to mention it. You posted it in the right place. 
Even though we may not have met, I feel I know the man. He had a sense of humor that was so enjoyable. We all loved his posts and his “country” humor. He will be sorely missed. 
R. I. P. my friend. 

He thought a lot of you as well.  We both mentioned you and LRF often as guys we knew we would like and enjoy their company.  I’m so grateful we met (I think AAW and I met him at the same time during the Evadale tournament years ago).  I was blessed to be able to watch several games with him over the year.  We shared a love of sports and complaining about officiating. 

Terrible news. I noticed that his daily posts seemed to stop like a couple of weeks ago.

What an enlightening person who always added his age learned wisdom with humility and humor.

Thanks for your service to out country.

RIP 

On 5/18/2023 at 11:14 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Looking thru the pictures. I realize I knew him better than I thought. That old red Fairlane (I think) that he always talked about racing and going to the pig stand. He was so proud of his marine/priest son and the grandkids. After only 3 dates, 55 years with his wife... WOW!!! He told me he told her he'd see her 5 months. Just couldn't wait any longer. I completely understand. We can take comfort knowing that he was a Christian and he is in a better place, loving all of those who he missed. 

@Hagar this place wont be the same without you old man.

image.png.f907b7237839bd92aca52d5233a05a71.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess I missed this because I was busy with Legislature-related duties at the time. I had no idea until a few moments ago.

Even though I never met him in person, I always enjoyed bantering with Hagar here. I always got the sense he was one of the most levelheaded posters on the site. I’ll miss reading what he has to say.

Belatedly, my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

3 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I guess I missed this because I was busy with Legislature-related duties at the time. I had no idea until a few moments ago.

Even though I never met him in person, I always enjoyed bantering with Hagar here. I always got the sense he was one of the most levelheaded posters on the site. I’ll miss reading what he has to say.

Belatedly, my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

He truly was.  You two are cut from the same ilk.  I didn’t always agree with him like I don’t always agree with you.  But I respect(ed) the hell out of both of you.  I miss and think of him all the time.