PN-G's Spring Game

PN-G had their spring game this evening. The Indians will be a really good team this season. f you were thinking a big drop off would happen you will either be happy or sad. They look great. LT. Jackson Christian Jr next season is already received 3 college offers. Freshman Wolfford RT is 6'6" 280 has received a college offer and will be a soph next football season. The line at PNG is huge. Bigger than last season. RB athlete Chase Johnson who played 2 seasons ago as Trahan's back up at RB and started in the playoffs when Trahan got hurt in round 2 and played in round 3 left football. He is back at DB this coming season. Really great athlete. The defense is swarming and very big for a PNG defense. The DC from Katy is legit and has these kiddos believing. Both receiver's outside are over 6'2".  The back up QB Bailey will be a sight to see the coming seasons. This kid plays like a older player as a 9th grader. He was throwing dimes all over the field. The duo of Chatagnier (Ron McGill Chatagnier;s son) and Nguyen will be tough with Shea in the backfield as the QB. The defense will be salty. Power running and a stout defense. Shea throwing 40 yard bombs. They looked really good. The hits were awesome. PNG will be a good team this season. 

17 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Being big in the trenches definitely gon put some notches in the W column. Would not be surprised to see PNG back in the state game. 

Ill take Coach Joesph's approach. Lets win one game at a time and work on trying to win district. The Indians defense looks very strong this year. I have hopes of a good season. 

On 5/15/2023 at 9:10 PM, pine curtain said:

When is Nederlands spring game?

On 5/15/2023 at 9:12 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Ask @BMTSoulja1 he'll know. 

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wrong.  I only know about Nederland’s Spring Game.  🤷🏾‍♂️

You need to learn to read @BMTSoulja1 put the potato and poisoned steak down and read. 

On 5/16/2023 at 2:14 PM, prepballfan said:

Ill take Coach Joesph's approach. Lets win one game at a time and work on trying to win district. The Indians defense looks very strong this year. I have hopes of a good season. 

Why? As a fan you can look ahead and have predictions and/or projections. It's not going to effect the teams outcome. I've already broke down the schedule and posted a high/low scenario for my team. 

13 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Why? As a fan you can look ahead and have predictions and/or projections. It's not going to effect the teams outcome. I've already broke down the schedule and posted a high/low scenario for my team. 

I am a stats person. I like to see the unfolding early then I can feel more comfortable making a long term observation. Forgive me if this sounds obvious. I study stats religiously for PNG and work with the Indians site to collect them for as far back as possible and as well as todays stats as well. Right now we are working on a PNG video library of games. We have games from each decade starting in the 1950's until now Still have a lot of work to do but Id say we have built quit the library. The games from the 70s back ofcourse are all 8mm film, but watching the greatest RB in PNG history who played 20 years before I was born was amazing. He won the SC in 1955 and still holds the career rushing record at PNG. Noone has broken it. Not Roschon, or Trahan, or McGill, or even the great Bergeron. Thats an amazing feat to hold a record that long for any school. Roschon was nearly 400 yards behind Gordon and Bergeron probably the fastest B to ever walk the halls of PNG was 1100 yards shy of LeBoeuf. 

13 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Another thing. It was such an honor for PNG to make it back to state. I hope it is something that great and mighty programs like yours, Carthage, GPNS, Katy, the Dallas schools never take for granted. How many does Aledo have now? How many trips to state and how many won? For PNG we have made State 7 times and won 3. I can assure you every PNG fan is proud, and thankful for the rare rare chance we get to go. Another cool fact about PNG is that our SC trips are in cycles that are eerily similar. We made it to state in 53, 54, 55. Then 75, and 77, then 99, then 2022. That's 20 years, 22 years, and 23 years. It almost like we go every 20-22 years. Before there was a SC we also won33, and 34, 46 and 47 regional championship. That's as far as you could go back then. I know we don't compare to great programs like Aledo and many of these other perennial powerhouses, even like a WOS the greatest program from SETX along with Newton, we make up for in community support, for our program. We have also been lucky the last 15 years with great coaching hires. We don't have move ins, transfers, or even open enrollment. That's not an excuse, just stating a fact. If this bores you I offer my apologies. I hope you guys at Aledo are preserving your history for future generations. You have such an amazing program. Its needs to be documented so 30, 40, or 50 years from now future generations can look back at the amazement that your program is producing now.