Area Round Match-Ups

5 hours ago, oldman said:

Seeing a few comments regarding players being ejected.

Honest question !!!!!

Should an umpire allow a HS Athlete to direct profanity towards him?

IMO, it should not be tolerated at all.  HS students directing profane language towards an adult is unacceptable in my book.

I 100% agree! It’s a game, kids need to learn how to respect authority, last game of his life or not. Cuss your boss at work, you most likely aren’t getting a warning. This is on the parent of their kid gets ejected. I can assure you if I cuss an official, they wouldn’t have had to suspend me. My dad would have dragged me off by the ear and would not have allowed me to play the next game regardless. Life lessons are much bigger than a game.

You are correct the kid lost his composure.  However, the cuss word was not directed at the umpire.  Fact is the kid had three balls sail by his head with one of them hitting him in the helmet during the first at bat.  During the third at bat and after two balls went by his head the umpire did not verbalize the call on an 3-1 count. The kid started walking to first thinking it was a walk.  The umpire calls it a strike and as the kid returns to the plate he walks in front of the catcher who is looking to throw out the kid at first since it’s a live ball.  The catcher then threatens the batter with a cuss word for walking in front of him.  The immediate return of a cuss word was not directed at the umpire but instead to the catcher who again had threatened him.  In either case he should never have used profanity.  Life lesson!

8 hours ago, Sports10 said:

I 100% agree! It’s a game, kids need to learn how to respect authority, last game of his life or not. Cuss your boss at work, you most likely aren’t getting a warning. This is on the parent of their kid gets ejected. I can assure you if I cuss an official, they wouldn’t have had to suspend me. My dad would have dragged me off by the ear and would not have allowed me to play the next game regardless. Life lessons are much bigger than a game.

What game/series were there ejections?