9 people shot in Jasper

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's amazing to me that there have been no reports of who might have done it, what type of vehicle to look out for, etc... No arrests made, either.  But the community doesn't seem to be upset at all, either. 

It sounds like one of those Jasper situations, wink, wink....

didn't know you lived here nowadays, to know how upset people are.

Jasper situation? watch the news much?  U.S. is setting a record pace for mass shootings/ killings in 2023, replaying the horror on a loop roughly once a week so far this year. The carnage has taken 88 lives in 17 mass killings over 111 days. Each time, the killers wielded firearms.

9 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

LOL. I know right? That quote coming from www.pbs.org

As a 37+ year police officer I can attest that most cuttings and stabbing were with knives.

An occasional broken bottle was thrown into the mix….

4 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

didn't know you lived here nowadays, to know how upset people are.

Jasper situation? watch the news much?  U.S. is setting a record pace for mass shootings/ killings in 2023, replaying the horror on a loop roughly once a week so far this year. The carnage has taken 88 lives in 17 mass killings over 111 days. Each time, the killers wielded firearms.

See?  NORMALLY when there's a mass shooting, they have descriptions of the cars, suspects, tell the public to be on the lookout (or not to be worried).   It's radio silence from the authorities and the community.  A guy got stabbed in Trout Creek a month or two ago and people were steadily commenting about who probably did it, etc.... Not a word from anybody this time.... Despite 11 people getting shot. 

Something fishy is going on.  How do you have party attended by 250 kids, somebody(S) hops out of a car, shoots 11 people, then drives off.... and nobody even says what they were driving?

It's a cover-up.  

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

See?  NORMALLY when there's a mass shooting, they have descriptions of the cars, suspects, tell the public to be on the lookout (or not to be worried).   It's radio silence from the authorities and the community.  A guy got stabbed in Trout Creek a month or two ago and people were steadily commenting about who probably did it, etc.... Not a word from anybody this time.... Despite 11 people getting shot. 

Something fishy is going on.  How do you have party attended by 250 kids, somebody(S) hops out of a car, shoots 11 people, then drives off.... and nobody even says what they were driving?

It's a cover-up.  

how did Bullets 13 know? he clearly told you above it was on the news.

Everyday KJas has been updating, as a matter of fact one article shows the Sheriff in a media press conference. So to answer my question- NO you must not watch the news much.

This is the hidden content, please

At least 4 people of interest identified in shooting at after-prom party in Texas

nothing in the news at all.

16 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

how did Bullets 13 know? he clearly told you above it was on the news.

Everyday KJas has been updating, as a matter of fact one article shows the Sheriff in a media press conference. So to answer my question- NO you must not watch the news much.

At least 4 people of interest identified in shooting at after-prom party in Texas

nothing in the news at all.

You're just proving what I said.  Where's the description of the suspects?  What kind of vehicle were they driving?  Why aren't there choppers flying overhead and dogs on the ground?  Why haven't all of the citizens of Jasper been posting non-stop with wild allegations like happens every other time it happens?  

If KJAS posts about a car wreck with fatalities, somebody would be posting about how it was a white honda accord involved.  Not this time. 

Now, I realize that based on Jasper's history, a Japer man like yourself might not want the notoriety that came with being a part of that mess in the 1990s to come back around.  But you have to admit that the handling of this incident is not what you'd typically see after a mass shooting incident.  

49 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You're just proving what I said.  Where's the description of the suspects?  What kind of vehicle were they driving?  Why aren't there choppers flying overhead and dogs on the ground?  Why haven't all of the citizens of Jasper been posting non-stop with wild allegations like happens every other time it happens?  

If KJAS posts about a car wreck with fatalities, somebody would be posting about how it was a white honda accord involved.  Not this time. 

Now, I realize that based on Jasper's history, a Japer man like yourself might not want the notoriety that came with being a part of that mess in the 1990s to come back around.  But you have to admit that the handling of this incident is not what you'd typically see after a mass shooting incident.  

gotta get out from underneath that bridge more you do.............

anywho........

59 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

CB and I butt heads on quite a lot of issues, but I have to agree with some key points he brings up.

Like an officer buddy of mine said, most likely nobody willing to snitch. Street rules...

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

CB and I butt heads on quite a lot of issues, but I have to agree with some key points he brings up.

Like an officer buddy of mine said, most likely nobody willing to snitch. Street rules...

I think he's just implying more racial tensions. Something he's been known to jump on before.

I do agree that not much info out to the public right now. Although those deeply evolved in the community probly know what's up.

Unfortunate situation we have in our society 

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I think he's just implying more racial tensions. Something he's been known to jump on before.

I do agree that not much info out to the public right now. Although those deeply evolved in the community probly know what's up.

Unfortunate situation we have in our society 

You probably missed my point entirely.   I think it's strange that nobody is talking.... The deal in Cheek at the rodeo a couple of weeks ago?  I wasn't surprised that nobody talked.  This deal in Jasper is strange because the victims were mostly white, but not  talking.  They don't seem like the type to know the "street code."  

I'm wondering if the "persons of interest" aren't somehow connected to the power structure there in Jasper and that's why we're not hearing anything.  The lack of information and obvious lack of concern by local law enforcement indicates that something is going on behind the scenes.  

I'm not exaggerating.... if somebody shot up a prom party in Lumberton they'd have choppers, dogs, roadblocks, etc... they'd be broadcasting who the suspects were, photos from fb, what they were driving, BOLOs, etc... or at least saying "we've got 4 persons of interest in custody... there's no need for concern from the community at this time."

Somebody up in Jasper is getting the same deal that the convicted murderer in sabine county got a couple of months ago.  

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

When I read this, I assume they already know who the persons of interest are.  If that's the case, there's no reason to issue descriptions, or even names at this point.

Details are usually released when the police feel the need to release it.

Freedom of information does not cross into active police investigations.

A few months ago when students were killed in a home in Idaho, not much, was released in the police a statement it seem like they were looking for clues. In various forums (and maybe this one), people were making comments that the police were incompetent and that there were no clues and this was blah blah blah.

On another sport forum I just committed that I have no clue, but I would suspect that the police have a lot of information and we’re just not releasing it. Failure to notify the public does not mean that the investigation is not moving forward. In the Idaho situation, the police were actively already tracking the killer and made an arrest not long afterward.

I realize that this is not a police bashing thread and it is not a, “where is the investigation going” thread. I was using those examples as information on how investigations are sometimes run. 

It has evolved into a “how come people aren’t talking” thread. They might be if there was something to comment on.

Just because it is not in the news and just because we haven’t heard about it, does not mean that it is not happening behind the scenes.