Nederland 2023

lcm93

5 hours ago, bferg77 said:

I'm a little under 6'4" and as of mid January Brady was just about looking eye to eye with me, he weighs 190 currently.

He "looks" the position is a great description.  Anyone know where he's going to school next year?

Apparently a “new coach” is there and they are running his plays. The bad look part is that Nederland was unable to secure a guy from Anahuac as the 1st OC. He had been to several practices. Some skill players were pulled from class to be told they have a “fair” chance to be the starter but the son “has an advantage of having his dads playbook”. Then a few days later, they are not going to Nederland. Then without any word, “some bald coach has been at practice and we are running his plays”…allegedly 😬

then The dogs drop out of 7 on 7 tourney…all rumors 😬

7 hours ago, BigDawg99 said:

Rumor is Big Ned found a OC and he is from Westbrook??? Any truth to this?

I heard it was Jason Smith their old OC/ Ex Kelly head coach? But saw Chuck posted an open WR position on his staff, so don’t know if their old WR coach left to become Nederland OC? Or if Nederland even has hired a OC.. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I heard it was Jason Smith their old OC/ Ex Kelly head coach? But saw Chuck posted an open WR position on his staff, so don’t know if their old WR coach left to become Nederland OC? Or if Nederland even has hired a OC.. 

PLEASE don't tell us Nederland is looking to Westbrook for answers!  

Madness. Pure madness.  What's troubling to me is that nobody knows where this Barrier duo is headed.  Somebody call TMZ or Schefter. Who has the lead on this story?

8 hours ago, Reagan said:

PLEASE don't tell us Nederland is looking to Westbrook for answers!  

Wonder if the TAPPS Independent Division Offensive Guru Smith is bringing the D1 talented Kelly transfer\West Brook QB with him to lead Nederland to championship promised land since it didn't work out last year at West Brook???  

33 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

All these desperation moves are making one thing very clear.... Nederland is a sinking ship, very nearly sunk.  Abysmal.... 

Keep hope alive, your neighbors from across the tracks did and look what they did last season after an epic arse whoopin to start the season 🤷🏾‍♂️

14 hours ago, JimAdler said:

Madness. Pure madness.  What's troubling to me is that nobody knows where this Barrier duo is headed.  Somebody call TMZ or Schefter. Who has the lead on this story?

Yeah, the curiosity factor is certainly there. I too wonder what happened to them. Is there any chance they just decided to stay in Anahuac? I doubt the young man unenrolled from Anahuac with just days left in the school year. That might be the easiest way forward as opposed to uprooting the family and moving off to Tyler or something.   

On 5/24/2023 at 8:37 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Word I got was this is a coaching move for Barrier and not so much shopping his son.

Rusk is definitely in play since Barrier used to work with the head coach when they both were in Jacksonville and the two are very good friends.

This.