Nederland 2023

lcm93

49 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

We played Anahuac opening game last year and he was not a 140 lb. QB.  Program listed him at 6’1” Fr. 187 lbs. 

I never said he was a 140 lb QB.  He might have been 140-150 (maybe pushing 160) in 8th grade but he's got the frame to be a good sized QB.  Though even as a freshman, 187 lbs might be stretching it.  Don't you know football game programs make their players bigger & heavier?  Even the NCAA teams do it...

He's definitely closer to 187 now that he would have been when he left Hardin. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

I hear he is no longer going to Nederland, looking at John Tyler and another school. 

You are correct sir, Coach Barrier has changed his mind about accepting the Nederland OC position. 

4 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Was it because he couldn’t call the plays and wanted to bring a key assistant with him? 

This is interesting.  Going in, did he not know he was not calling the plays?  I've said all along the HC was not giving up that part of it.  Would like to get the full lowdown on what actually transpired.  

28 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Seems to me like he is trolling. 

If you are pointing that at me you are way off base. I do not have any connection to the Anahuac program, except for it being neighboring in my county. I think you have interest and comment on other teams up your way, don't you?

My OPINION is both the dad and son would have been better served to just stay put. Others see it differently, and I am fine with that, but the current circumstance seems to back me up, doesn't it?

What is the point of posting on a sports forum if you can't comment and express an OPINION without getting called out? 

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

If you are pointing that at me you are way off base. I do not have any connection to the Anahuac program, except for it being neighboring in my county. I think you have interest and comment on other teams up your way, don't you?

My OPINION is both the dad and son would have been better served to just stay put. Others see it differently, and I am fine with that, but the current circumstance seems to back me up, doesn't it?

What is the point of posting on a sports forum if you can't comment and express an OPINION without getting called out? 

I am simply saying he is trying to get his best offer which there is nothing wrong with that. I was not calling you out. You took that all wrong, sorry if I offended you. That is not my intent to personally offend anyone. Trolling to me means looking around and there is nothing wrong with that. 

Very good coaching staff. That is why they played like an HISD school last season. Certainly they will be better, I don’t think they can be any worse 

Losses FFM, Dayton, PAM, PNG, TC

wins GP, Willowridge

WOS, Silsbee, SF big ? Marks

also if a good coaching staff why is record not very good in years there?

On 5/10/2023 at 12:51 PM, JimAdler said:

The biggest difference I saw in Brady was that when the season started, he was a skinny incoming 9th grader, all of 140 lbs at 6'0.

I can't tell you what his height and weight is today, but I saw him two weeks ago at a baseball game and he's not the same looking kid.  I didn't get close enough to him to tell exactly how tall he was, but he was taller than me and I am 6'2 

I'm a little under 6'4" and as of mid January Brady was just about looking eye to eye with me, he weighs 190 currently.