Nederland 2023

lcm93

Same coaching staff and not a whole lot of talent. The Junior class is going to be decent, I don’t know if many sophomores will make varsity, the senior class will be weak like last season’s class

Under this coaching staff, I look for the season results to be anywhere from2-8 to 5-5 and sitting at home again with district record either 3-4 or 2-5

Posters that are honest and correctly evaluate the game know that last year, the team played like an HISD school

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

His QB D1 son that’s a freshman  I’m sure will follow him to Nederland. That moves Sunday back to WR/DB. Which would strengthen the team for several years to come… Brady is very rounded athlete. 

Oh, I thought it might be for the new coaching skills & new OC play calling to make the offense more potent. Is the D1 QB son going to be a soph or junior next season?

2 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Oh, I thought it might be for the new coaching skills & new OC play calling to make the offense more potent. Is the D1 QB son going to be a soph or junior next season?

Sophomore. 

Barrows been around a long time he knows the game, has coached many great Nederland teams and players. New set of eyes and two great coaches together should help out a lot. IMO Sometimes you need that outside person come in and to get it back going, 

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Sophomore. 

Barrows been around a long time he knows the game, has coached many great Nederland teams and players. New set of eyes and two great coaches together should help out a lot. IMO Sometimes you need that outside person come in and to get it back going, 

I see your point, but last time a young stud "D1 QB" transferred in it didn't work out at all.  I guess i have a tougher definition in what legit D1 talent is & what great coaches are. 

16 minutes ago, KF89 said:

I see your point, but last time a young stud "D1 QB" transferred in it didn't work out at all.  I guess i have a tougher definition in what legit D1 talent is & what great coaches are. 

I get yours about the last one.. I had higher expectations but after looking and doing my research on the last one come to find out he didn’t start at the last school he came from which was a very small Christian school… just several camps that boosted him. 4 HS in 4 years says something imo. But this one started varsity as a freshman for very good Anahuac team that lost to state champion team. He had a great freshman year, to start varsity as a freshman in Texas High school says something. To do it as a QB you must be very special. But that’s just my 2cents on it all. If coach Barrier accepts the job him and Monte will do great. 

We can all say what we want about Barrow but… He’s made plenty of chicken salad in his day…..It would be great to have the option to move Sunday to a different position to optimize his skill set… Hopefully this pans out and the coaches son is as good as advertised…. IMO

D1 QB son may be legit & seems to have a bright future, but it's not uncommon for freshmen to start at 3A\2A schools. If this hire is made, just seems its not for the OC position with new set of eyes\play calling to get offense going better it's for the coaches QB son. Barrow most likely stays running the offense & calling plays, IMO  

4 minutes ago, KF89 said:

D1 QB son may be legit & seems to have a bright future, but it's not uncommon for freshmen to start at 3A\2A schools. If this hire is made, just seems its not for the OC position with new set of eyes\play calling to get offense going better it's for the coaches QB son. Barrow most likely stays running the offense & calling plays, IMO  

Agreed…. And it would be tough install a new O with so little time….

39 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

This kid is years ahead of his age. He came to Anahuac  

and fell right into that program. you need to see him play before you judge him. He will surprise you.  

Not judging, I am sure he has some quality QB skills, but to use D1 QB based on freshmen season at Anahuac there will be some questions to that. Falling into a 5A program like Ned in a tough district will show if he's the real deal for sure. Trust me, Nederland needs about a dozen good surprises next few years.

Bring on the QB and who is bringing the receivers, OL, LB’ers, RB, DL, and secondary

The majority of all those positions were bad last season

Same coaching staff anywhere from 2-8 to 5-5

losses: Dayton, Marshall, PAM, PNG, TC

wins: GP, Willowridge

either way: WOS, Silsbee, SF

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

I have to agree.  I don't see Barrow giving up play calling.  I know we don't agree on some things, but Barrow's play calling was never the problem, IMO.

3 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Bring on the QB and who is bringing the receivers, OL, LB’ers, RB, DL, and secondary

I think you are being generous.  I don't see them beating Silsbee.  Now, WOS is the wildcard.  Unless WOS has really tanked, I don't see Ned beating WOS.   I'll give them the win over SF.  So, I'm looking at 3-7.  

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

Starter/ D1 at anahuac means something a whole lot different at bigned competition lol

44 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Give it a rest.   Lots of sophs who have had a year of seasoning.   QB play hurt them them a lot last year, and the RB tried to beat PAM by himself.   We will see if this QB works out or not in a few months.