What not to do when the police knock?

tvc184

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

No they weren't. The only thing that entered HIS home were the police bullets that took his life. 

Are you saying that his reckless actions in answering the door the way he did bears no responsibility on what ended his life?

The question I keep asking myself is "Why?"... I understand the human error made by the officer(s). Right or wrong, it was human error. They made a deadly mistake.

But the guy who answered the door in that fashion. Why? He willfully and purposely answered the door with his gun drawn seemingly ready to fire. Why? Had he been harassed to the point of fear previously? Was he mentally ill? Was he involved in some nefarious activities that brought him to do that? I believe those questions being answered is very important to this event.

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

But the guy who answered the door in that fashion. Why? He willfully and purposely answered the door with his gun drawn seemingly ready to fire. Why? Had he been harassed to the point of fear previously? Was he mentally ill? Was he involved in some nefarious activities that brought him to do that? I believe those questions being answered is very important to this event.

Ask him. 

37 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Ask him. 

Nobody needs to ask him, you already told us previously.  And I quote: "The homeowner was terrified, and protecting his family".  It makes total sense.  I mean, who isn't terrified when someone knocks on their door when it's dark out, and who's first instinct isn't to come out with their gun up ready to kill?  #amirite?  

To be honest, based on the man's reaction, the cops very well may have saved the next person's life who accidentally knocked on crazy's door.  

13 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Nobody needs to ask him, you already told us previously.  And I quote: "The homeowner was terrified, and protecting his family".  It makes total sense.  I mean, who isn't terrified when someone knocks on their door when it's dark out, and who's first instinct isn't to come out with their gun up ready to kill?  #amirite?  

To be honest, based on the man's reaction, the cops very well may have saved the next person's life who accidentally knocked on crazy's door.  

Yes, the man’s actions were irrational, unprovoked and probably a crime although that is irrelevant at this point.

Looking at the last few days and a few incidents of innocent people being gunned down by homeowners, you might be correct. 

49 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It does not take a stretch to be terrified and go into "protection mode" when armed to the teeth people are screaming and beating on his door, UNPROVOLKED. Let me repeat that for you...UNPROVOLKED.

Lets find out for sure what happened. Get his side of the story. ASK HIM.   

15 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

It does not take a stretch to be terrified and go into "protection mode" when armed to the teeth people are screaming and beating on his door, UNPROVOLKED. Let me repeat that for you...UNPROVOLKED.

Honestly, have you watched the video?  It really seems like you haven't.  If you have, your fear/hatred of the police is leading you to greatly exaggerate what they were doing that night.  They were knocking on the door, not beating, and they were announcing their presence, not screaming.  And the ONLY way that he would know they were "armed to the teeth" was if he knew they were police officers, as he would've seen their uniforms when he saw their guns.  Your efforts to defend his actions are becoming as inexplicable and indefensible as his actions themselves.  

5 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Are you saying that his reckless actions in answering the door the way he did bears no responsibility on what ended his life?

The question I keep asking myself is "Why?"... I understand the human error made by the officer(s). Right or wrong, it was human error. They made a deadly mistake.

That's why I stated earlier that there seems to be more to the story, just doesn't make sense why he would come to the door like that.

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Honestly, have you watched the video?  It really seems like you haven't.  If you have, your fear/hatred of the police is leading you to greatly exaggerate what they were doing that not.  They were knocking on the door, not beating, and they were announcing their presence, not screaming.  And the ONLY way that he would know they were "armed to the teeth" was if he knew they were police officers.  Your efforts to defend his actions are becoming as inexplicable and indefensible as his actions themselves.  

Agree, the video is in no way even close to what he's describing.

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Honestly, have you watched the video?  It really seems like you haven't.  If you have, your fear/hatred of the police is leading you to greatly exaggerate what they were doing that night.  They were knocking on the door, not beating, and they were announcing their presence, not screaming.  And the ONLY way that he would know they were "armed to the teeth" was if he knew they were police officers, as he would've seen their uniforms when he saw their guns.  Your efforts to defend his actions are becoming as inexplicable and indefensible as his actions themselves.  

I was totally waiting for that baseless accusation, which is 100% wrong. If you are paying any attention AT ALL you would know I am a Law supporting conservative 100%. However, I won't give blind support to anyone, badge or not. I might have to dodge bullets in the street but I believe MY home is MINE. Nobody, and I mean nobody crosses that line. But you can think whatever you want though. I won't lose one second of sleep either way.      

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I can't. He stupidly provoked his own death...

You convinced me. The cop killer was hell bent to off a cop, so he drove down to the PD and got out of his car with guns a'blazin. The whole lie about him being inside of his home minding his own business is just that, a total lie. Clearly he provoked the whole thing.   

6 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

A few seconds of a video. A few seconds were released.  

oh, it's a conspiracy now?  So is it your supposition that they ran up and smashed on his door to start with, while screaming at the top of their lungs?  Then when that didn't work, they walked away, walked back up and calmly knocked on the door and announced their presence with normal voices?  

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

oh, it's a conspiracy now?  So is it your supposition that they ran up and smashed on his door to start with, while screaming at the top of their lungs?  Then when that didn't work, they walked away, walked back up and calmly knocked on the door and announced their presence with normal voices?  

No, clearly, he drove down to the PD and emptied his clips at 'em. 

Cops made NO mistakes.

BYE. 

11 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I was totally waiting for that baseless accusation, which is 100% wrong. If you are paying any attention AT ALL you would know I am a Law supporting conservative 100%. However, I won't give blind support to anyone, badge or not. I might have to dodge bullets in the street but I believe MY home is MINE. Nobody, and I mean nobody crosses that line. But you can think whatever you want though. I won't lose one second of sleep either way.      

Gotcha.  Then it's safe to assume you're cool with the old man shooting the black kid multiple times unprovoked because he knocked on the wrong door, and the guy who killed the chick in the car that was backing out after they pulled into the wrong driveway and realized their mistake without even getting out of the car?  Because literally the only difference between those cases and this one is that the victims (the police) were able to defend themselves when the crazy dude decided to "protect" his family instead of doing any of the many sane options available to him.

3 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

You convinced me. The cop killer was hell bent to off a cop, so he drove down to the PD and got out of his car with guns a'blazin. The whole lie about him being inside of his home minding his own business is just that, a total lie. Clearly he provoked the whole thing.   

He did provoke it. He answered the door with his gun ready to fire at cops who had knocked on his door who had repeatedly identified themselves. No one ever said he was hell bent to "off a cop". Honestly it appears he was hell bent to get himself killed. Mission accomplished. Honestly, objectively watch the video, because clearly you have not...

On 4/18/2023 at 9:15 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

You've explained in detail that the law allows this. It's still not right. The man clearly made a bad decision. But this would not be a conversation now, if not for a obvious mistake by the local police.

You avoided my question about the flashing lights? That would've been a very obvious signal that police were in the area before the man opened the door with gun in hand. Just saying police once after the initial knock shouldn't be enough.

You'd be one of those people who go around the crossing arms, get hit by a train, then sue the railroad and the engineer because "nobody deserves to be hit by a train."

The dumbest part of this whole this situation is it could've literally just as easily been the same officers knocking on the same door intentionally to ask if they'd heard any part of the domestic dispute across the street.  Reading the number wrong has no bearing on anything.  If they'd kicked down the door and rushed in guns blazing, then yes, but that's not what happened here.  The police weren't the aggressors, they didn't make assumptions, and they didn't do anything wrong besides confusing a 5 and an 8.  The dead guy brought the fight to them, and death unto himself.

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

The dumbest part of this whole this situation is it could've literally just as easily been the same officers knocking on the same door intentionally to ask if they'd heard any part of the domestic dispute across the street.  Reading the number wrong has no bearing on anything.  If they'd kicked down the door and rushed in guns blazing, then yes, but that's not what happened here.  The police weren't the aggressors, they didn't make assumptions, and they didn't do anything wrong besides confusing a 5 and an 8.  The dead guy brought the fight to them, and death unto himself.

There are some people who believe that when a police officer is involved in a shooting, he should go to prison, without fail.  I think it's obvious that we've got a couple of those here.  The fact that the shooting occurred is all of the justification that is required for the city to pay out millions, too.  

They walk among us. 

36 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

There are some people who believe that when a police officer is involved in a shooting, he should go to prison, without fail.  I think it's obvious that we've got a couple of those here.  The fact that the shooting occurred is all of the justification that is required for the city to pay out millions, too.  

They walk among us. 

I had an idea cross my mind as I crossed the tracks in front of a train today.👽🛸🕶

My problem with all these incidents are the guns and lack of respect for them by stupid, crazy... people. Police just happen to fall into that category as well.

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

If you think they were screaming and beating then you either didn’t watch the videos or are easily scared by knocking.

Your straw man (a true straw man) of “armed to the teeth” is nonsense. He could not have known that whoever was knocking was armed. How can he claim a defense of your family of someone armed to the teeth when he didn’t know who or what is on the other side of the door? 

If a person was in fear, why would any rational person open the door completely and step into that doorway?

I guess anything is possible but the law says “reasonable” and a jury, if such a case sent to court, would determine what is reasonable.

Even the Supreme Court addressing what is reasonable in Graham v. Connor, where the police broke the foot of a completely innocent man who was having a medical crisis, unanimously ruled that the police didn’t violate Graham’s rights. Graham was acting irrationally due to insulin shock but the police didn’t know that and only acted on what they witnessed, even though try were completely wrong. Again, a unanimous Supreme Court said that the police must make “split second” decisions and looking back at it at a more calm time in hindsight is not valid.

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Keep telling yourself that. 

Find out for sure though. ASK HIM. 

Your continued ask him supposition is nonsense. The guy caused his own demise so he can’t be asked. Bringing it up multiple times doesn’t change his actions.