Willie Ray Smith Finalists - Silsbee SWEEPS!

AggiesAreWe

Offense

Cameron Dischler             RB   Orangefield

Dre'lon Miller                    WR  Silsbee

Lucas Powell                     QB  Lumberton

Davion Wilson                  QB  PA Memorial

Defense

Gavin DeRanieri                LB  Hamshire-Fannett

Leighton Foster                 LB  Newton

Ty’Anthony Smith              LB  Jasper

Jayron Williams                LB  Silsbee

20 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Of course I'm picking Wilson (Port Arthur Memorial) for Offense. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller (Silsbee) won though. 

For defense: I lean towards Smith (Jasper) but wouldn't be surprised if Williams (Silsbee) won it. 

of course I would like for TyAnthony to win it. 

Them Foster's in Newton have a pretty good history when it comes to awards though(well deserved by all means).

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Of course I'm picking Wilson (Port Arthur Memorial) for Offense. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller (Silsbee) won though. 

For defense: I lean towards Smith (Jasper) but wouldn't be surprised if Williams (Silsbee) won it. 

Going by the stats (which the majority of the voters do) Williams blew Smith out of the water.

I would say that both Silsbee players are the favorites but I have seen over the years some strange voting.

All are very worthy of the award. Foster won it last year.

We will see on April 24

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Going by the stats (which the majority of the voters do) Williams blew Smith out of the water.

I would say that both Silsbee players are the favorites but I have seen over the years some strange voting.

All are very worthy of the award. Foster won it last year.

We will see on April 24

TyAnthony didn't play the 1st three games of the season and Jasper played fewer games than Silsbee. So of course his numbers should be higher.

2 hours ago, Gocats90 said:

Can we see the stats for the players if anyone has them?

Offense

Dischler        247 carries, 2441 yards   28 TD's

Miller            59 receptions, 1425 yards  21 TD's, 39 carries, 391 yards, 4 TD's

Powell           173-262, 3078 yards, 46 TD's, 87 carries 537 yards 4 TD's

Wilson           172-251, 2665 yards, 26 TD's, 162 carries, 995 yards 13 TD's

Defense

DeRanieri          155 tackles (102 solo) 16 TFL, 5 sacks

Foster               140 tackles (95 solo) 18 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 INT

Smith                118 tackles (76 solo), 10 TFL, 2 sacks

Williams           195 tackles (132 solo) 39 TFL, 10 sacks, 2 INT

People want to pick a player from there own team. Our QB threw 50 times and completed 2 passes but one was to the other team but he should win. 
Hopefully the best deserving person will win this award. I think the committee has done a good job in the past and will be fair in selecting the best for each position. 

8 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

People want to pick a player from there own team. Our QB threw 50 times and completed 2 passes but one was to the other team but he should win. 
Hopefully the best deserving person will win this award. I think the committee has done a good job in the past and will be fair in selecting the best for each position. 

* see below

On 3/28/2023 at 2:40 AM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

of course I would like for TyAnthony to win it. 

Them Foster's in Newton have a pretty good history when it comes to awards though(well deserved by all means).

Defensive statistical category leaders on a per-game basis are in bold.

Williams is my choice for winner because backfield disruption is how a defense impacts the game the most imo.

Smith: 14.75 total tackles/game; 9.5 solo tackles/game; 1.25 TFL/game; 0.25 sacks/game

Williams: 13.93 total tackles/game; 9.43 solo tackles/game; 2.79 TFL/game; 0.72 sacks/game

Foster: 10 total tackles/game; 6.79 solo tackles/game; 1.29 TFL/game; 0.22 sacks/game

DeRanieri: 11.93 total tackles/game; 7.85 solo tackles/game; 1.23 TFL/game; 0.39 sacks/game

10 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Newton played 14 and HF 13. Had TyAnthony played just the full schedule of regular season he would have had 150+ tackles easy.

24 DI offers.

what's Williams offer count? I know it's not a factor in who wins Wiilie Ray award. I am just curious.

Miller has 40 offer all from Major D1 schools Bama, Texas, Georgia, USC, Ohio St, TCU, A&M etc.... He is the best football player in SETX right now hands down. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Willie Ray Smith Finalists - Silsbee SWEEPS!