Liberty Hill Highest Scoring Team in 5AD2

lcm93

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Liberty Hill Highest Scoring Team in 5AD2
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Gasp, a Slot T team?  Tell me it ain’t so.  I guess they didn’t get the memo at Liberty Hill.  Outdated.  Can’t score.  Can’t win.  Yup, this is crazy stuff here.

Be interesting to see where Franklin ranks in points scored for 3AD1. I bet they are near the top. 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Only a handful of elite coaches can stop it.

To repeat myself, if you have a running QB with a half way decent arm, that offense is virtually unstoppable, for now.  But with all offenses, the Veer, Wishbone, the Spread, defenses will catch up (ketchup) some day.

It's not hard to defend if you DON'T respect the passing..  Everybody in the golden triangle knows Mathews wasn't going to pass and if he did, it was an ugly sight.  Load the box and take your chances on a pass.  Not hard to defend too many people to block.  In theory 3-4 yards every play, absolutely no mistakes, perfect execution, and play keep away. Score every possession, control clock, best players on offense, defense slow them down, let your opponent make the mistakes.  Too me it puts to much pressure on the offense they are kids, they are going to make mistakes, holding, offsides, bad block etc..  To work effectively you have to successfully pass a little, for the respect..  Just  my two cents...FWIW  

49 minutes ago, jimbob82 said:

It's not hard to defend if you DON'T respect the passing..  Everybody in the golden triangle knows Mathews wasn't going to pass and if he did, it was an ugly sight.  Load the box and take your chances on a pass.  Not hard to defend too many people to block.  In theory 3-4 yards every play, absolutely no mistakes, perfect execution, and play keep away. Score every possession, control clock, best players on offense, defense slow them down, let your opponent make the mistakes.  Too me it puts to much pressure on the offense they are kids, they are going to make mistakes, holding, offsides, bad block etc..  To work effectively you have to successfully pass a little, for the respect..  Just  my two cents...FWIW  

Yep, the highest scoring offense in multiple classifications. Very hard to defend.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:25 AM, RidinTheRange said:

Oh, I'm sorry.  I didn't know you had spoken to every single LH fan.  Thanks for clearing it up.

It is also true that fans know the result of the game before they're played.

Hate to have to be the one that explains to you how “opinions” work, but here goes: I saw postings from *some* Liberty Hill fans who stated emphatically that PNG would have won the game even with the two starters missing. Those fans might be wrong. They might be right. The world keeps spinning. Sorry you’re butthurt about it, either way. 

15 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Hate to have to be the one that explains to you how “opinions” work, but here goes: I saw postings from *some* Liberty Hill fans who stated emphatically that PNG would have won the game even with the two starters missing. Those fans might be wrong. They might be right. The world keeps spinning. Sorry you’re butthurt about it, either way. 

Thank you!  It's 2023, sadly no one is allowed an opinion anymore.  

Liberty Hill-Congratulations on this awesome feat. A well deserved congratulations. The LH - PNG game was a great game. had they had their two RBs it would have been a different game. The thing that I see is that LH could not stop PNG. After the half PNG went into slow down mode to eat the clock. So it is my belief that the Indians would have most likely won the game anyway. Yes LH fans were saying that PNG would have won. LH fans were wonderful people and many offered congrats to us and wished us well at State. One even said they would love to have a rematch this next season.