4A

Jared Harris                 Silsbee

Dre'lon Miller              Silsbee

3A

Pete Ragusa                Orangefield

52 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

lol he used to be the #1 Kountze hater 😂

Joub doesn't think so.

In fact, it was 2-3 very sensitive Kountze fans that took one or two posts and ran with it.

But, I guess if I'm going to keep that label, I should start living up to it. Don't matter to me. I can play the game and I have the advantage here.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Joub doesn't think so.

In fact, it was 2-3 very sensitive Kountze fans that took one or two posts and ran with it.

But, I guess if I'm going to keep that label, I should start living up to it. Don't matter to me. I can play the game and I have the advantage here.

Surely you know I’m joking lol

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I know YOU are joking but it always cracked me up when people said that. I always got the impression he was a fan of the Lions and their program. And a fellow Hardin County school with his Tigers. 

He always supported Kountze. Broadcasted several of their games.

23 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I'd love to see the Silsbee vs Kountze basketball rivalry come back. The past 7 or 8 years, Silsbee would have won by alot. The 2010 game at Lamar was a fun game. Kountze got us that night. Silsbee went to state but Kountze lost in the 2nd round to New Waverly that season. 

Technically Kountze lost in the third round I believe. I think that was before the UIL expanded to 4 teams making playoffs, But yeah I was at both games you’re referencing … Kountze had Roman Walker, Devin Bray, and Zay McDaniel . They put on quite a show that season as far as the dunk meters are concerned. Both Kountze and New Waverly were ranked in the 2A top 5 when they met. Played at Livingston Middle school because Kountze lost the flip I believe and the New Waverly coach wanted a smaller gym. By the time the teams came out to warm up there weren’t any seats left.

39 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

And as far as Kountze and Silsbee playing again… highly doubt that happens anytime soon… the talent gap is a pretty decent margin between the two programs.

True.  But I remember when those games were always highly anticipated, almost to the extent of HJ/Silsbee.  As stated before, as much as I mess with you Lions, I really hope to see a continued rise for Kountze basketball.  Historically, has to be top-5ish in SETX.  Much like football not being as good when WOS is irrelevant, and for with Kountze and hoops. 

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Yeah Kountze has had some great players like 

The Hancock Brothers, Iba McDaniel, Bray, Walker, and myself the best athlete in Kountze history Grayland Arnold. 

Ibe McDaniel was damn good. His daughter was probably Kountze’s best player this year as a sophomore. But yes Arnold most likely takes the crown as best athlete