Man Severely Mauled By Dogs in Beaumont

bullets13

On 3/17/2023 at 8:34 PM, tvc184 said:

Ahhhh…. they were just raised wrong… 🤔

Read a follow up where the dogs had no violent history, and the owner had actually contacted animal control about them getting out and going missing.  So this isn’t a typical “bad dogs allowed to roam free” case, and criminal charges aren’t expected.  That said, I’m sure a civil case will be forthcoming. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Read a follow up where the dogs had no violent history, and the owner had actually contacted animal control about them getting out and going missing.  So this isn’t a typical “bad dogs allowed to roam free” case, and criminal charges aren’t expected.  That said, I’m sure a civil case will be forthcoming. 

Yeah, that’s what my snide/tongue in cheek comment was about.

It seems like every time this happens, here come the…. the dog was raised wrong comments. 

On 3/19/2023 at 3:32 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

It seems to always be pit bulls with no violent history.

Here's the thing... If you're pushing a baby stroller and see a golden retriever, our reaction is "oh, look!  A doggie!" But when we see a pitbull, we want to scoop the kid up and use the stroller as a weapon.

It ain't no different with people.  

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here's the thing... If you're pushing a baby stroller and see a golden retriever, our reaction is "oh, look!  A doggie!" But when we see a pitbull, we want to scoop the kid up and use the stroller as a weapon.

It ain't no different with people.  

Yes and no. I will simply use the stroller as a weapon. No kid scooping though. They're on their own...

Pit bulls can be dangerous.  They tend to be more inclined to pack up and attack than other breeds, and when they do attack, they tend to do much more damage.  I don’t hate pits.  We have one that I picked up on the side of the road.  He’s super friendly, but he weighs 94 lbs and my girls aren’t allowed near him unless him with them.  He isn’t allowed to run free, and I don’t let him in the house.  I’m cautious with him, even though he’s shown no inclination for aggression.  Regardless of the breed, dog owners need to be responsible, especially if the dog can be aggressive.  But I don’t believe pits get a bad rap.  There’s plenty of anecdotal evidence that they’re way more dangerous than most breeds.  

49 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Pit bulls can be dangerous.  They tend to be more inclined to pack up and attack than other breeds, and when they do attack, they tend to do much more damage.  I don’t hate pits.  We have one that I picked up on the side of the road.  He’s super friendly, but he weighs 94 lbs and my girls aren’t allowed near him unless him with them.  He isn’t allowed to run free, and I don’t let him in the house.  I’m cautious with him, even though he’s shown no inclination for aggression.  Regardless of the breed, dog owners need to be responsible, especially if the dog can be aggressive.  But I don’t believe pits get a bad rap.  There’s plenty of anecdotal evidence that they’re way more dangerous than most breeds.  

Exactly right, I read several years ago that German Shepherds bite more folks than any other breed but it usually stops there.  When something clicks in the pit bulls, they don’t stop.  Not sure why anyone would risk it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 6:26 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

Exactly right, I read several years ago that German Shepherds bite more folks than any other breed but it usually stops there.  When something clicks in the pit bulls, they don’t stop.  Not sure why anyone would risk it.

They were bred to fight in a pit. I’m sure there are plenty of gentle pit bulls, but like you said, why risk it, especially with kids. Knew a guy that owned a pit. I petted him several times. I saw some loose dogs walking down the street. I asked the owner what his dog would do if he let him out against those dogs. He said he would run over there and attempt to kill the dogs. It’s bred in them to kill.