Alltime wins SETX Coaches

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I saw where coach Green just crossed the 700 win mark recently. How many wins does the following coaches have? 

Sigler 

Bouttet 

English 

Southerland 

Joubert 

Sutherland just eclipsed 900 wins during this season.

I believe Sigler has over 700. Boutte 700. Not sure about English and Joubert.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:37 AM, BADSANTA said:

I saw where coach Green just crossed the 700 win mark recently. How many wins does the following coaches have? 

Sigler 

Bouttet 

English 

Southerland 

Joubert 

Sutherland in the national nosebleed numbers with over 900. I don’t think most understand how crazy a number that is.  

I think Sigler probably has between 825 and 835. I remember when he got his 800th. Joubert has just under 600. Sigler, Joubert, Sutherland, Green and Boutte are all real fine coaches and from knowing and writing about their teams they are equally fine individuals that anyone would be proud to call their friend.

Just now, Tigers94 said:

Sigler could probably make it to 900 wins. It just depends on how long he wants to keep coaching.

Told me he will be coaching at Silsbee until Peyton Jones (8th grader) group is finished.

I can also see him staying long enough to maybe get 1000. But that will likely take an additional 3 years after Jones to achieve.

If Silsbee can average 25 wins over the next 3 years, that'll put Coach Sigler at 900. Very doable. He could realistically finish at about 930 - 950 for a career. I believe he's 66 right now. Not sure if getting close to 1000 and coaching into your early 70s would be worth it or not.

Got to slow down and relax eventually.

19 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Told me he will be coaching at Silsbee until Peyton Jones (8th grader) group is finished.

I can also see him staying long enough to maybe get 1000. But that will likely take an additional 3 years after Jones to achieve.

I think he gets one more state title before he retires. 

On 3/17/2023 at 5:01 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Heard a couple rumors of Payton Jones moving to BU next year but I think there's no chance he moves.

Peyton pretty much lived in the gym at Tiger games this past year. Almost felt like he was a part of the team already but couldn't play. Pretty sure he'd be ineligible for one year if he made the move to BU. Not sure anybody would want that.

There's only one thing that could maybe cause some people to think he's going to BU, but I still don't think that's likely.

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Peyton pretty much lived in the gym at Tiger games this past year. Almost felt like he was a part of the team already but couldn't play. Pretty sure he'd be ineligible for one year if he made the move to BU. Not sure anybody would want that.

There's only one thing that could maybe cause some people to think he's going to BU, but I still don't think that's likely.

How would he be ineligible? What grade is he in? 

58 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

How would he be ineligible? What grade is he in? 

He's in 8th grade right now. I thought you had to wait a full year if you went to a new school for sports before you could play? Silsbee had a kid this year who had to play JV  ball due to moving.

1 minute ago, Tigers94 said:

He's in 8th grade right now. I thought you had to wait a full year if you went to a new school for sports before you could play? Silsbee had a kid this year who that had to play JV  ball due to moving.

He would be eligible. 

Sutherland’s numbers are just mind boggling.  At the 100 year anniversary of the UiL, he had been coaching 29 years and had 819 wins (over 900 now).  Sig had been coaching 24 years with 513 wins.  

The great Jackie Carr had 828 wins in 26 seasons.  Point is Todd isn’t just a hall of fame coach.  He will go down as one of the GOATs. 

21 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Sutherland’s numbers are just mind boggling.  At the 100 year anniversary of the UiL, he had been coaching 29 years and had 819 wins (over 900 now).  Sig had been coaching 24 years with 513 wins.  

The great Jackie Carr had 828 wins in 26 seasons.  Point is Todd isn’t just a hall of fame coach.  He will go down as one of the GOATs. 

I agree 100%

• 7 months later...
25 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Another one not listed but one of the best coaches in our area is the gentleman up in Big Sandy. Kevin Foster is the most overlooked basketball coach in the area.

1000%.  I will put him up there with anyone.  He can flat out coach.  There’s no one’s teams I enjoy watching more than his.