Some interesting info on Faith Family

Still lot's of talk about how it's a joke that Faith Family is allowed to play UIL 4A basketball. Well, here is the geographical boundries for this academy:

• Avalon ISD
  • Cedar Hill ISD
  • Dallas ISD
  • DeSoto ISD
  • Duncanville ISD
  • Ennis ISD
  • Ferris ISD
  • Grand Prairie ISD
  • Italy ISD
  • Lancaster ISD
  • Maypearl ISD
  • Midlothian ISD
  • Milford ISD
  • Palmer ISD
  • Red Oak ISD
  • Waxahachie ISD

Any student attending these school districts are eligible to attend Faith Family Academy.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Still lot's of talk about how it's a joke that Faith Family is allowed to play UIL 4A basketball. Well, here is the geographical boundries for this academy:

• Avalon ISD
  • Cedar Hill ISD
  • Dallas ISD
  • DeSoto ISD
  • Duncanville ISD
  • Ennis ISD
  • Ferris ISD
  • Grand Prairie ISD
  • Italy ISD
  • Lancaster ISD
  • Maypearl ISD
  • Midlothian ISD
  • Milford ISD
  • Palmer ISD
  • Red Oak ISD
  • Waxahachie ISD

Any student attending these school districts are eligible to attend Faith Family Academy.

Thoughts?

Whew!!!!! 

UIL should make them compete at 6A…

1 hour ago, PINETREE said:

Why would the UIL have this school in 4A when they can recruit students from 16 different school districts and as i've found out from research that they can limit their enrollment just to stay in 4A classification......SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO!!!  HELLO!!! UIL!!!! ANYONE HOME?????

I have watched them the last two years at the state tournament, it is clear as day they are not a normal 4a team. Completely unacceptable for them to be a part of the tournament in 4a.

I have watched a great silsbee team and a great Booker T team get beat out by a put together  “4A” squad. If I were a coach in 4A I would not let this go unheard.

This is a freaking mess!! The UIL is worst than the NCAA. So they get to "draft" kids out of 16 different districts? Faith Famiky coaching staff looks like a AAU staff. Faith Family needs to be moved to a 6A Private School classification. The coaches shouldn't even celebrate winning state. You cheat the small schools so your AAU NBA drafted team can play public school basketball. What a disgrace to 4A basketball. 

1 hour ago, Rodney Dotson said:

No different than other schools recruiting players. So why challenge one school when several are doing it. If your gonna let one do it then they all should be able to. 

NO UIL high school should be allowed to recruit period!

That is or was the point of the UIL rules. To keep us all uniform in our rules.

The problem is DEC's in some districts(not just DFW), coaches and parents who don't agree with UIL, instead staying in their lane, will just bend/break the rules and lie to benefit "the kids" aka themselves. 

And now some/many people think that lying and cheating should be the normal thing to do just because you don't like how it is. 

If you don't like the UIL rules, go to a school that has those rules you do like.

Another big problem is UIL either can't or won't enforce their own rules with certain schools and districts. 

FF is only doing what they were allowed to do.

This is horrible. Too many kids being cheated out of dream. Someone should be taking this up to the highest level. UiL should have to answer to someone. Like the governor or the state legislators. Parents need to demand things be fair across the board. Schools should boycott all their games against FF next season. After all the UIL is just gonna hand it to them again if nothing changes. 

1 hour ago, Football_Fan11 said:

Something is going to have to change or you’re going to lose coaches. What is the point in grinding during the season to know you have to play recruit shops once you make playoffs? It’s extremely unfair for players and coaches. 

Agree!! FF should have played United or Lake Highlands Saturday night. 

On 3/13/2023 at 9:06 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Also, FF has the authority to deny a student's application to their academy. Therefore, they can control it's enrollment to keep them at a 4A enrollment.

On what grounds are they allowed to deny a student's application.  Unless a student has a criminal record or has a piss poor academic record, it seems like there could be some lawsuits in their future.  Do they only accept "Communications majors" or what?

Just now, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

On what grounds are they allowed to deny a student's application.  Unless a student has a criminal record or has a piss poor academic record, it seems like there could be some lawsuits in their future.  Do they only accept "Communications majors" or what?

Not sure but all charter schools have that authority.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:24 AM, BADSANTA said:

This is a freaking mess!! The UIL is worst than the NCAA. So they get to "draft" kids out of 16 different districts? Faith Famiky coaching staff looks like a AAU staff. Faith Family needs to be moved to a 6A Private School classification. The coaches shouldn't even celebrate winning state. You cheat the small schools so your AAU NBA drafted team can play public school basketball. What a disgrace to 4A basketball. 

No make them compete in the the prep school league with Montverde, IMG, & Link Academy. Then let see what happens.

FFAs coach came over from a big time Dallas high school that has won a lot, and had to forfeit a championship  at one time.  I think it is Kimball.  So the coach and his staff have experience doing what they do, only now it is legal.  

Also, there is a picture on facebook put up by the UIL that shows shows all of the conference championship teams for this year.  Every conference is listed but, 4A is conspicuously absent.  

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

FFAs coach came over from a big time Dallas high school that has won a lot, and had to forfeit a championship  at one time.  I think it is Kimball.  So the coach and his staff have experience doing what they do, only now it is legal.  

Also, there is a picture on facebook put up by the UIL that shows shows all of the conference championship teams for this year.  Every conference is listed but, 4A is conspicuously absent.  

They also posted FF on FB. I just saw it 2-3 days ago. To your point, they had em by themselves. Congratulations to back to back champs it read.

This is the hidden content, please

I  stumbled upon the picture that I mentioned on Facebook.  I really have not been following basketball much since Silsbee lost at region III finals.  

I knew that all these charter schools had something to do with school vouchers and the politics surrounding that issue. When  FF first showed up on the scene I knew pro school voucher group had taken it to another level.  I had a feeling that Governor Abbott , and Paxton, and the other guy, (ex radio host) were in on this.  

Dan Patrick, that's his name.

So, just as I suspected FF has some political heavy weights backing them up.  I am not surprised at all.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I  stumbled upon the picture that I mentioned on Facebook.  I really have not been following basketball much since Silsbee lost at region III finals.  

I knew that all these charter schools had something to do with school vouchers and the politics surrounding that issue. When  FF first showed up on the scene I knew pro school voucher group had taken it to another level.  I had a feeling that Governor Abbott , and Paxton, and the other guy, (ex radio host) were in on this.  

Dan Patrick, that's his name.

So, just as I suspected FF has some political heavy weights backing them up.  I am not surprised at all.

Different Dan Patrick.