6A State Championship Beaumont United 44 Richardson Lake Highlands 55/FINAL

1 hour ago, BEARCPA said:

Who do you think replaces Yates and Porchia in the starting lineup?

First of all, I’m expecting Dotson to  blossom into the Yates type role.  I’m expecting Payia to be a little better, but not on the level as Porchia.  I’m also expecting Davis to step into his starting role and be VERY key to this team’s success.  That along with some really talented players coming off the freshman team, one good guard off the JV team, and those two freshmen that’s on varsity that will. Sophomores next year.  

to answer your initial question, I think it’ll be a little more than just replacing Yates and Porchia.

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

First of all, I’m expecting Dotson to  blossom into the Yates type role.  I’m expecting Payia to be a little better, but not on the level as Porchia.  I’m also expecting Davis to step into his starting role and be VERY key to this team’s success.  That along with some really talented players coming off the freshman team, one good guard off the JV team, and those two freshmen that’s on varsity that will. Sophomores next year.  

to answer your initial question, I think it’ll be a little more than just replacing Yates and Porchia.

I heard Davis not playing basketball next year.  Just focusing on football.

26 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

I hear BU is playing in a tournament at the end of march.  I’m sure the UIL isn’t allowing this l, anybody know about this ? 

I don't think the UIL has a say in it. Also the name they'll be playing under is Beaumont Elite. Starting March 29th. 

1 minute ago, Bobcat1 said:

I think it's AAU - Shouldn't matter to UIL. 

Playing like it's AAU from what I see, it's actual HS teams just under a different name. Simeon HS from Chicago will be there, Camden HS from Jersey will be there, I believe I saw Faith Family being there too. 

On 3/13/2023 at 8:55 AM, Topdawg25 said:

Also thinks it really funny one of the Duncanville coaches took a shot at BU.Tweeting  This is not 5A…..

I guess they still salty about that whooping BU put on them In the summer at the tabc showcase 

Shhhhhhh !  Many folks werent aware of that occurrence that was G4

Classified material... However it was publicized when Westbrook got a 2 or

3 point ''W'' over BU-Lite  in that same TABC-Showcase....Go figure...

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Playing like it's AAU from what I see, it's actual HS teams just under a different name. Simeon HS from Chicago will be there, Camden HS from Jersey will be there, I believe I saw Faith Family being there too. 

Not like AAU. UIL only allows schools certain amount of games a year. It’s like what the California schools do or get around the CIF game rule limit. Same coaches and same players. Just for fun though 😉