6A State Championship Beaumont United 44 Richardson Lake Highlands 55/FINAL

11 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I’ve never met coach Green, but really enjoyed watching his post game interview.  It’s obvious how much he cares for his players.  

Great Godly man. I have been friends with David since we played Little League and Little Dribbler basketball together. His family is such good people. Graduated with his sister Cinthia.

United couldn't have a better coach and mentor.

23 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Can’t wait to watch Johnson play at Duncanville or Faith Family next season

Yeah it’s not looking like Dville will be the top dawgs next season with all they’re losing this year! But I say that every year & they pop up with a 4/5 star out of nowhere 

21 minutes ago, ThaGod409 said:

Yeah it’s not looking like Dville will be the top dawgs next season with all they’re losing this year! But I say that every year & they pop up with a 4/5 star out of nowhere 

Yeah you’re crazy lol DV is probably the most talented public HS in the country they will continue to have elite talent in football, basketball & track.

4 hours ago, Topdawg25 said:

Also thinks it really funny one of the Duncanville coaches took a shot at BU.Tweeting  This is not 5A…..

I guess they still salty about that whooping BU put on them In the summer at the tabc showcase 

Duncanville don’t need to say anything except addressing ineligible players.

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Duncanville don’t need to say anything except addressing ineligible players.

Stop it bro, we all know that ruling was just the UIL throwing their weight around. But when you’re the big dogs you can say what you want until some one dethrones you. 5 years & running no one has dethroned them. 

5 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Stop it bro, we all know that ruling was just the UIL throwing their weight around. But when you’re the big dogs you can say what you want until some one dethrones you. 5 years & running no one has dethroned them. 

They were dethroned this year.  What are you talking about?  

5 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Not really…we all know nobody in the state is beating DV. Lake Highlands should send a gift to the UIL for their rings lol

That’s like BU fans saying kimball should send their state ring to BU! LH proved Ducanville were very beatable in their matchup 

5 minutes ago, ThaGod409 said:

That’s like BU fans saying kimball should send their state ring to BU! LH proved Ducanville were very beatable in their matchup 

Kimball don’t win state if BU is still 5A, also how did LH proved DV is beatable & they didn’t beat them? Give credit where credit is due & stop hating, DV are the kings of Texas when it comes to basketball.

11 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I swear if Beaumont ever went to one public school, they'd be the kings of b-ball in this state. They'd have to play a national schedule every year for competition. Doubt even Duncanville could take them out.

I agree with everything you said except for this…DV will be a problem for as long as they want to be. The Dallas area has by far the best basketball talent in the state of Texas, it’s not close actually IMO. With DV being able to attract kids from all over Southwest Dallas & beyond, they’d still be a problem for Beaumont if we were to go to one public school because the talent comes in waves. For example next year will likely be a huge drop off for BU in terms of success & playoff run.

However I’ve been saying Beaumont needs one school for over 10 years now & everyone on here called me crazy. That’s the only chance Beaumont has to compete at the 6A level consistently.

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

They actually didn’t lose the chance to play in the playoffs, they opted out on their own. Big difference 

Did they decide to preemptively punish themselves to keep from having a bigger sentence? Basically taking a plea deal instead of facing the judge and jury.

23 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Great Godly man. I have been friends with David since we played Little League and Little Dribbler basketball together. His family is such good people. Graduated with his sister Cinthia.

United couldn't have a better coach and mentor.

Coach Green was my PE coach in the 5th and 6th grade. Also he lived about 5 doors down from us in Silsbee on 3rd St. Coach Green has always and I mean always been a great person. Beaumont got lucky twice to have him coaching there. 1st at Central and now at United. As a Tiger fan, when Coach Sigler retired in the early 2000s, I was hoping Green would come and coach. We got a great one in Travis as well.. That would have been a large salary cut to move from then 5A to 4A. 

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Did they decide to preemptively punish themselves to keep from having a bigger sentence? Basically taking a plea deal instead of facing the judge and jury.

That's exactly what happened. UIL came down on the Duncanville girls program and were about to lay the hammer down on the boys. Duncanville ISD decided to get out front of it all and remove themselves from playoffs. They did this to not only protect the boys basketball program but also the football program. UIL was investigating that program as well.

UIL is not finished with Duncanville ISD.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's exactly what happened. UIL came down on the Duncanville girls program and were about to lay the hammer down on the boys. Duncanville ISD decided to get out front of it all and remove themselves from playoffs. They did this to not only protect the boys basketball program but also the football program. UIL was investigating that program as well.

UIL is not finished with Duncanville ISD.

I can believe it, it’s a free for all in Dallas when it comes to recruiting. However I don’t think the UIL will do anything about it, it’s been going on for years. I believe the only reason the UIL started investigating them in the first place is because DV went around them to essentially get ruling on Anthony Black overturned.