DuBois named Vidor new AD/Head Football Coach

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Oldshool2 is giving examples similar to what's seen time and time again on this forum.  Coincidentally, based on the comments leading up to my other post.. I believe I can successfully add Vidor to my list of schools that don't support their head football coach because (insert excuse).  Great job on the updated facilities, though.  That's a start.

How many residents of Vidor has you talked to about the new HC... How many of those actually go to games/follow Vidor football...or are you going by the handful of posters on this site?

Facilities have been up to date.  This is not something new (except for the turf football field).  

4 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

How many residents of Vidor has you talked to about the new HC... How many of those actually go to games/follow Vidor football...or are you going by the handful of posters on this site?

Facilities have been up to date.  This is not something new (except for the turf football field).  

"Amazing that here on this Forum there’s so few giving DuBois a chance"

Literally the exact quote I replied to ^^ (  HERE ON THIS FORUM ) When I replied about the sort of support usually displayed... on this site.  I know reading for comprehension can be difficult.. just hang in there.  I'm happy to help. 

17 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

"Amazing that here on this Forum there’s so few giving DuBois a chance"

Literally the exact quote I replied to ^^ (  HERE ON THIS FORUM ) When I replied about the sort of support usually displayed... on this site.  I know reading for comprehension can be difficult.. just hang in there.  I'm happy to help. 

"I believe I can successfully add Vidor to my list of schools that don't support their head football coach because (insert excuse)."

Good job basing your conclusion off the post of a few disgruntle fans.  More than likely those disgruntle fans are little league coach heros, who scream at their TVs on Saturdays and Sundays during football season.

3 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

"I believe I can successfully add Vidor to my list of schools that don't support their head football coach because (insert excuse)."

Good job basing your conclusion off the post of a few disgruntle fans.  More than likely those disgruntle fans are little league coach heros, who scream at their TVs on Saturdays and Sundays during football season.

It’s the nature of the beast.  All it ever takes is a few “know it alls” to make an entire fan base seem unsupportive.  Surely you’ve seen other examples on this site.  Which.. coincidentally.. seems to be the place for people to vent their concerns.  Look at what page this thread is on.. go back to page 1 and compare the comments offering support to the ones questioning the hire.

12 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

It’s the nature of the beast.  All it ever takes is a few “know it alls” to make an entire fan base seem unsupportive.  Surely you’ve seen other examples on this site.  Which.. coincidentally.. seems to be the place for people to vent their concerns.  Look at what page this thread is on.. go back to page 1 and compare the comments offering support to the ones questioning the hire.

I'm more of a see for myself then base a conclusion kind of a guy... and that conclusion will not be based off a game or 2 or 1 season.  There's nothing but air and opportunity for people to get out and watch games and then form a conclusion.

Thats kind of what's wrong with the world today.  Too many outlets for people to vent, gossip, etc. and people take those rumors, complaints, statements as the gospel. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I'm not a huge fan of the Slot-T but I will say this in DuBois defense. The Vidor fans that think they've been witnessing how the Slot-T offense is supposed to be ran for the past 10 years is about to see how it's meant to be ran. DuBois knows this ofense

I'm sure those coaches and players at LH do not know how to run the slot-t.  I mean that's where Mathews would go to learn about the offense.

53 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

I'm more of a see for myself then base a conclusion kind of a guy... and that conclusion will not be based off a game or 2 or 1 season.  There's nothing but air and opportunity for people to get out and watch games and then form a conclusion.

Thats kind of what's wrong with the world today.  Too many outlets for people to vent, gossip, etc. and people take those rumors, complaints, statements as the gospel. 

So there are zero comments from this thread from people who have watched games and formed their own conclusion who are questioning this hire?.. Or not being supportive?

I'm genuinely curious.

If there are or have been posters on this site that have gone to games or are in the know, what makes your opinions more valid than theirs?

12 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I'm not a huge fan of the Slot-T but I will say this in DuBois defense. The Vidor fans that think they've been witnessing how the Slot-T offense is supposed to be ran for the past 10 years is about to see how it's meant to be ran. DuBois knows this ofense

Yes, it will look very similar. Matthews is an outstanding mind on Slot T. 

25 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

So there are zero comments from this thread from people who have watched games and formed their own conclusion who are questioning this hire?.. Or not being supportive?

I'm genuinely curious.

If there are or have been posters on this site that have gone to games or are in the know, what makes your opinions more valid than theirs?

Did not say there are posters on here who have and have not been to games.  Did not say my opinion is more valid or not, but when people start spouting off about things, they do not know about... facilities, equipment, new HC, etc.... then yeah, I'll voice my opinion which is more factual than an opinion. 

And those facts being that Vidor has new weights, weight racks, equipment, makeshift indoor practice area, a new football playing surface, new-ish gymnasium and.... a new HC that NO ONE has seen be the HC at Vidor before.  Those posters that are forming an opinion, being disgruntle about a HC before he even steps on the field... they can go back to ripping heaters on the sidelines and being the little league coaching guru you were born to be. 

And for the others.... get out and watch a season or 2 then form your OWN conclusion. 

51 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Did not say there are posters on here who have and have not been to games.  Did not say my opinion is more valid or not, but when people start spouting off about things, they do not know about... facilities, equipment, new HC, etc.... then yeah, I'll voice my opinion which is more factual than an opinion. 

And those facts being that Vidor has new weights, weight racks, equipment, makeshift indoor practice area, a new football playing surface, new-ish gymnasium and.... a new HC that NO ONE has seen be the HC at Vidor before.  Those posters that are forming an opinion, being disgruntle about a HC before he even steps on the field... they can go back to ripping heaters on the sidelines and being the little league coaching guru you were born to be. 

And for the others.... get out and watch a season or 2 then form your OWN conclusion. 

Again.. I didn't say a single thing about Vidor's facilities specifically.  Not even at all.  Someone mentioned that they couldn't believe how little support the new hire was seemingly getting before even starting.  I eluded to the fact that this area is known for that.. along with some other things that the area is known for.  Shotty facilities is one of those things.  Maybe you don't agree because your specific school has updated facilities.  That doesn't make it untrue.  Which is also more factual than it is opinion.

I agree that people should go to a game to form their own conclusion.. and many actually do that.  And still offer little support.  Nobody is a bigger defender of coaches on this site than me.  I'm even often ridiculed for saying that it's perhaps the fault of talent level as opposed to the coaching situation.  But I digress.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Again.. I didn't say a single thing about Vidor's facilities specifically.  Not even at all.  Someone mentioned that they couldn't believe how little support the new hire was seemingly getting before even starting.  I eluded to the fact that this area is known for that.. along with some other things that the area is known for.  Shotty facilities is one of those things.  Maybe you don't agree because your specific school has updated facilities.  That doesn't make it untrue.  Which is also more factual than it is opinion.

I agree that people should go to a game to form their own conclusion.. and many actually do that.  And still offer little support.  Nobody is a bigger defender of coaches on this site than me.  I'm even often ridiculed for saying that it's perhaps the fault of talent level as opposed to the coaching situation.  But I digress.

Again... I did not single you out..."when people" not when oldschool.  And most of those posters that do not support are still trying to live vicariously through their kids and have better football minds than some of the greatest coaches.

I'm a Vidorian and always will be.  I'm a supporter of every coach that coaches at Vidor and other schools.  It's not an easy job.  People expect perfection from coaches that coach kids/teenagers... kids/teenagers who can barely wipe their own...

Does Vidor have the nicest/best of facilities... no... are they better than some... yes.  Is Vidor a powerhouse no.  Will Vidor be competing for a state championship this year, next year, year after that... no.  Will Vidor compete for a playoff spot... yes... District Champions... maybe so. But at the end of the day, win, lose, or draw are the kids gaining something from the coaching?  If so, then job well done!

17 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes, Stop discussing on the forum. We like forums with no discussion.  

There is having a discussion and then there is just having a circular argument and saying the same thing over and over.  Two different things.

6 hours ago, Bigdog said:

There is having a discussion and then there is just having a circular argument and saying the same thing over and over.  Two different things.

Example:

I'll say, "No, it's not"

Then you say, "Yes, it is"

Ok, I'll start...    Two different things? No it's not!

On 5/9/2023 at 8:19 AM, 89Falcon said:

Yes, it will look very similar. Matthews is an outstanding mind on Slot T. 

Same playbook but DuBois has a way more methodical approach to the play calling as he uses plays to set up other plays. Mathews never called the plays , Trahan & Crueder just seemed to draw random plays out of a hat with no rhyme or reason. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Same playbook but DuBois has a way more methodical approach to the play calling as he uses plays to set up other plays. Mathews never called the plays , Trahan & Crueder just seemed to draw random plays out of a hat with no rhyme or reason. 

Lol. They drew random play out of hat with no rhyme or reason? Yeah, that is what coaches do 

4 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Lol. They drew random play out of hat with no rhyme or reason? Yeah, that is what coaches do 

Where you there to watch every play  since they started running the Slot-T ?  If you were then you would see the changes I'm referring to and how the strategy along with the base plays changed during that time. Sometimes you have to see the entire picture before your aware of what's happening but instead you choose to argue about something you know nothing about. LOL

34 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Where you there to watch every play  since they started running the Slot-T ?  If you were then you would see the changes I'm referring to and how the strategy along with the base plays changed during that time. Sometimes you have to see the entire picture before your aware of what's happening but instead you choose to argue about something you know nothing about. LOL

I am acquainted with the coaching staff. I am also aware that no 4A Varsity play caller in the state would "make random play calls without rhyme or reason. Not one. Not Anywhere.