4A #3 Silsbee vs #4 Booker T Washington Regional Finals Predictions

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This game makes me nervous.  I hope this is not a close game.  If so, Washington has it.  Silsbee’s best bet is to blow this open early.  Avoid those early turnovers like in the game vs. Furr…

I disagree. Silsbee wins the close games. Washington tends to lose hard, tough close games. That's why I stated that Silsbee kids are tougher, hard nose and Washington isn't. That was the difference last year.

I see it going the same this year.

7 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

You know, we're due for a game where we shoot the 3 ball well 🙏

Just remember to lock that little pg up that was going all Shephen Curry on us last year in the 1st half. 

Tigers by 5.

I think BTW has added one or two more guards since then.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I think BTW has added one or two more guards since then.

I still have to go with Silsbee by 6-8pts. I've watch this group of young men since the 8th grade playing and winning the Middle School Houston Tournament. They find ways to win. If that kid didn't hit like six 3pointers in the 1st half last year, Silsbee would have won by more. My prediction is Silsbee 76-70. Lewis and McDermott will score but we have need to get them in foul trouble. 

If you can beat Furr then you can beat Washington and by the same margin. 

You know Furr could have and probably should have won their 2nd meeting with BTW in regulation.  BTW forced late mistakes that push it to OT.

I predicted Furr would win.  I miss judged how good HJ and Jacksonville are when playing their best.   The game yesterday was much the same as the two previous Silsbee games with the exception that Furr got that late run.  Otherwise we were looking at a 12 to 14 point win, just like the others.  Furr was just a little bit better than other two, not a lot better.  

I’m just trying to get that one loss United had this year out of my mind.

I’ve been in church service most of the afternoon.  Bad Santa kept me clued in.  Nice season Silsbee Tigers.  I thought it would be hard to beat Furr and BT Washington back to back.  I plan to watch the game this evening.

Silsbee has a really good team coming back next year.  They should have Payton jones and others coming in as freshment. They got 4 or 5 moving up from the JV who are very good.  Miller, Harris and Bottley should be back.  Rice is back.  Some of those JV guys look like they may grow.  Things are looking up.   They may be able to win it all, another ring in ‘24.  That is a long way off.   Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I’ve been in church service most of the afternoon.  Bad Santa kept me clued in.  Nice season Silsbee Tigers.  I thought it would be hard to beat Furr and BT Washington back to back.  I plan to watch the game this evening.

Silsbee has a really good team coming back next year.  They should have Payton jones and others coming in as freshment. They got 4 or 5 moving up from the JV who are very good.  Miller, Harris and Bottley should be back.  Rice is back.  Some of those JV guys look like they may grow.  Things are looking up.   They may be able to win it all, another ring in ‘24.  That is a long way off.   Time will tell.

I'm not counting on Miller being back to play basketball. Word I am getting is he will enroll early to college in order to play spring football. But, that was based on possibly winning a state championship this year in basketball. We will see.

On 3/4/2023 at 6:43 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I'm not counting on Miller being back to play basketball. Word I am getting is he will enroll early to college in order to play spring football. But, that was based on possibly winning a state championship this year in basketball. We will see.

With what is on the line for a 5* wide receiver in this day and age, he probably should be done with basketball period.  Otherwise he’s doing some high stakes gambling. 

50 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

With what is on the line for a 5* wide receiver in this day and age, he probably should be done with basketball period.  Otherwise he’s doing some high stakes gambling. 

I would have to age as much as we will miss him on the court. Football is his sport and I say go get what you have earned. Silsbee basketball will be fine. I really like the way the Shoulders and WB transfered played on JV. Silsbee JV looked damn good this year. 

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I would have to age as much as we will miss him on the court. Football is his sport and I say go get what you have earned. Silsbee basketball will be fine. I really like the way the Shoulders and WB transfered played on JV. Silsbee JV looked damn good this year. 

I agree, football is Drelon's sport.

BUT, he has basketball scholarship offers from Texas A&M and just today, LSU.

All of our opinions or hopes aside Drelon has to do whats best for him.  In that i dont only mean for his college future but what is best for him in his “heart” if you will.  He is the one who will have to live with his decision no matter what it is.  Naturally all of us fans, would love to see him back on the court.  He has to way all the factors: his future,  that possible state championship,  graduating with and playing with his friends/teammates his senior year etc….  He has the chances that mot high school athletes dream of but it comes with some tough decisions as well.