Embattled Rockwall-Heath football coach resigns after multiple students diagnosed with rhabdo, officials say

Bobcat1

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I take it you never played or coached nor ran a HS boot camp... Just like the rest of the folks on here commenting on things they don’t know about. That’s what’s silly 

Rest of us?  My apologies.  Shall I contact the university where i recieved it to rescind my doctorate from the College of Health and Human Performance and resign my position as a college professor in a Kinesiology department?  

Since you like to throw your resume out, I feel obligated to do the same. 

I bow to your superior knowledge of the Rockwall situation due to knowing the workout program at North Shore. 

The person that called you silly was wrong. Silly doesn't begin to explain your vast lack of knowledge on so many levels.  Promise you...you were not a "member" of the coaching staff at North Shore....you were a tolerated person with a contract in the district. 

I'll go gutter with you until the moderators stop us. 

2 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Rest of us?  My apologies.  Shall I contact the university where i recieved it to rescind my doctorate from the College of Health and Human Performance and resign my position as a college professor in a Kinesiology department?  

Since you like to throw your resume out, I feel obligated to do the same. 

I bow to your superior knowledge of the Rockwall situation due to knowing the workout program at North Shore. 

The person that called you silly was wrong. Silly doesn't begin to explain your vast lack of knowledge on so many levels.  Promise you...you were not a "member" of the coaching staff at North Shore....you were a tolerated person with a contract in the district. 

I'll go gutter with you until the moderators stop us. 

Lol please tell me how this has anything to do with football or running a football program/boot camp? The fact that you actually believe that kids were forced to do almost 400 push ups in a 60 minute athletic period let’s me know you should probably stick to being a professor and stop talking about things you have no clue about. 

FYI I actually know a coach on the Rockwall staff & was told about this situation first hand. Unlike you I don’t get on here and speak on *things* I have no clue about. 

And I stand by what I said, just a complaint from a few soft  kids who ran home to mommy because they couldn’t handle the workouts. This same boot camp that Coach Harrell was running has been going on at Rockwall for YEARS, and up until now there were no issues. 

There’s a reason majority of the team players & parents fought to keep him in place.

12 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Lol please tell me how this has anything to do with football or running a football program/boot camp? The fact that you actually believe that kids were forced to do almost 400 push ups in a 60 minute athletic period let’s me know you should probably stick to being a professor and stop talking about things you have no clue about. 

FYI I actually know a coach on the Rockwall staff & was told about this situation first hand. Unlike you I don’t get on here and speak on sh*t I have no clue about. 

And I stand by what I said, just a complaint from a few soft a** kids who ran home to mommy because they couldn’t handle the workouts. This same boot camp that Coach Harrell was running has been going on at Rockwall for YEARS, and up until now there were no issues. 

There’s a reason majority of the team players & parents fought to keep him in place.

No!  Enjoying being like you.  I know it all!!!

3 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Call me crazy, but a Kinesiology professor is exactly the person I’d want to get an explanation from regarding the causes and effects of rhabdo. 

You sure you wouldn't rather take medical advice from a silly dude named Coach Izzy?

As unto "Izzy really that silly?"

9 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Call me crazy, but a Kinesiology professor is exactly the person I’d want to get an explanation from regarding the causes and effects of rhabdo. 

You actually believe some HS kids did 368 push ups in 60 mins? Common sense has nothing to do with a degree, you would think more than just 4 or 5 kids would’ve been hospitalized if that was the case right? Also you would think parents & players wouldn’t come to the defense of a coach who would put multiple kids in the hospital. 

5 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You actually believe some HS kids did 368 push ups in 60 mins? Common sense has nothing to do with a degree, you would think more than just 4 or 5 kids would’ve been hospitalized if that was the case right? 

Common sense tells me that the 15 year-olds that were hospitalized were probably not as strong and physically developed as the 16-17 year-olds doing the workout. Being a coach, you should know that not every kid has the exact same physiological makeup as the next, especially when looking at different age groups.

4 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Common sense tells me that the 15 year-olds that were hospitalized were probably not as strong and physically developed as the 16-17 year-olds doing the workout. Being a coach, you should know that not every kid has the exact same physiological makeup as the next, especially when looking at different age groups.

Lol again you didn’t answer my question, do you really believe a bunch of HS kids actually done 368 push ups? No matter the age if that actually happened I would think more than just 4 or 5 kids would’ve been in the hospital. 

3 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Lol again you didn’t answer my question, do you really believe a bunch of HS kids actually done 368 push ups? No matter the age if that actually happened I would think more than just 4 or 5 kids would’ve been in the hospital. 

So you're agreeing some of the hospitalized kids' weren't ready for that workout?

52 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So you're agreeing some of the hospitalized kids' weren't ready for that workout?

Exactly what I stated the other day.  One must have progressive overload to build to extreme workouts. 

No kid did 300 plus push ups. However, a kid can get in push up position and collapse to the ground over and over. Eccentric overload!  

45 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I do not know the strength & conditioning levels of hs kids these days, but whether or not they actually did that specific amount of push-ups is besides the point. The point is that kids had to be hospitalized for 10+ days because the coach made them do more reps than their bodies could physically handle. 

2 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

I do not know the strength & conditioning levels of hs kids these days, but whether or not they actually did that specific amount of push-ups is besides the point. The point is that kids had to be hospitalized for 10+ days because the coach made them do more reps than their bodies could physically handle. 

How is that besides the point when that’s what the parents accused Coach Harrell of doing? 

5 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

How is that besides the point when that’s what the parents accused Coach Harrell of doing? 

Doesn't matter if they did 168 push-ups, 268 push-up, or 368 push-ups. The kids had to stay in the hospital for 10+ days because Coach Harrell took the punishment too far.